Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computername
hi all,
#
when you try to connect to a server and want to use a local account you need to use the name of the machine, it is not possible to use the IP instead of the DNS name.

in the connection it is not possible to store both, IP and DNS name, while using the dns name will always take longer and does allow unneccessary mistakes in the connect it would be nice to have a variable to use which does resolve or store and server the DNSname of the given IP.

regards
peet
To use a local account simply create a credential object with the following syntax: .\YourUserName
the . represents the local computer name
Could i have found this in the Manual? I red it years ago, and must admit i did not search for it, as it was an item i had in mind for longer.

thanks for Support

best regards
peet
Not sure, but this .\ is no really a ASG RD feature, this is the Microsoft default behavior, works in the same way with Microsoft MSTSC or with other Microsoft authentication dialogs.
you ar etotally right, it even is similar in some/most unix i could imagine, never had to log on to my boxes this way but it (.\ ./) is "real" local root for shure Smile