Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG-RD 2014 - RC4
Hi all,

we provide Release Candiate 4 (RC4).

This version will be supported by this forum - upgrade to final RTM version will be supported.

The following ReleaseNotes describes the known issues - we try to fix all the issues as soon as possible.

If you want to migrate your data from 2012 version you can do inside a new environment in 2014 - so you could not connect to an old environment (as in the past) - you need to create a new environment and select "Environment=>Upgrade from 2012".

ASG-RD 2014 RC4
ASG-RD 2014 RC4 (incl. SQL Express)

Main fixes of RC4:
- Performance in logs
- Migration issues fixed
- Added VMare-Console functionality
- some minor issues...

For any feedback please use this sub forum.

For users with running RC1 version

If you are using local file environments and use "Standard Password" or "Username/Password" you may delete your environment and migrate again in a new local file environment. All other environment types (incl. database) only have to update the binaries.

For users with running RC1 version

Please follow the instructions of RC2 first before running RC4
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,

Okay, iam facing issues if i need to delete a folder or connection.
Iám Admin with my account but the Delete is greyed out. Why is this?

// Kristoffer

I had to go in with diffrent account and delete my profile, and then login again with my other account and it worked.
This cant be the way to do it. this is the 4th time this has happened, iam running RC4
You are the second one who has this issue - I will check this immediately
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
One question - do you hav the navigation docked to the main window or do you use it undocked? That (undocked usage) could cause the problem...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Always docked
Error in Navigation Pane!

In ASG 2012 i was able to select the next Connection Entry just with hit the first letter of the client/server name.

This is not working with some of the entrys now.

Sometime i need to enter the letter 2 or 3 times...

The letter "c" is not recognized at all.

For me the RC4 is still no good release version.
(07-10-2014, 11:37 AM)DevOma Wrote: You are the second one who has this issue - I will check this immediately

And as the other reporting it - I can say RC4 did not resolve for me either. Like reported, if I login with another user, same credentials, I can edit/move/delete.
Another thing you said Oliver is that in 2014 you could auto sync AD, but i cant find this feature.
I Can´t sync manually every other day, can this get implemented?
Will be fixed with the next update- will be available this week

- tree view / keyboard issue
- security issue
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Small Typo when restarting from Offline Mode.

It says;

"You clodes the application..."
Hi, There is an issue with RC4 (I also had it in RC1) with QuickConnect where it won't reconnect to the original machine. Here is how I repro it:
1) Quickconnect to 'server1'
2) Quickconnect to 'server2'
3) Try doing a 'reconnect' on 'server1' (It will instead reconnect to 'server2' (Or basically the 'last' server you connected to in QuickConnect')

if it matters, I have my Quickconnect 'docked'

Thanks!
MK
Ok, we will have a look - is not fixed with RC5 (because we hat a data center crash last Friday and can't fix any issues until the newest RC)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi. After installing RC4 version for a month ago with a new license i now get a warning saying: "this release candidate has expired. Program will not start anymore". Does this mean that this program is only for trying out?
Hi,

we just want to ensure that RC-versions are not used longer than necessary. You can upgrade to RC5... RTM will follow very soon...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello,
FYI The problem to remove a connection is always present in RTM version. It's available when docked.
Rgds
Jonathan
Jonathan, give me some more infos - does it always happen? Do you use database mode and active permissions? In Tools-Menu there is a menu "Assigned Security Groups" - are you assigned to "Administrators" there?

Anything must be different that all our internal test users didn't find this issue - the issue when undock the navigation should be fixed, but I do not understand why this remains on some user environments
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(31-10-2014, 10:10 AM)DevOma Wrote: Hi,

we just want to ensure that RC-versions are not used longer than necessary. You can upgrade to RC5... RTM will follow very soon...

I installed RC5 on 11/13, but today I am also receiving this message. I need access asap, can you please assist? Thank you.
http://forum.visionapp.com/showthread.php?tid=8506
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Closed
Regards/Gruss
Oliver