Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SQL Mirroring Set failover parner
Hi support team,

Upgraded from 2012, everything works fine. I did SQL mirroring and all is working on SQL side.

I am trying to configure the database environment (Configure advanced settings) to use "failover parner" option and I am getting the following box:

Connection check failed
Use of key 'failover partner' requires the key 'initial catalog' to be present.

Could you give me any hints on that error? Where can we define the string?

Thanks,
Did you get the error when creating the database? Then please try without the parameter and configure it afterwards by editing the environment and set the failover partner...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Which version do you use? Should be solved with the latest binaries (I tried myself without any errors)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the prompt answer on this.

I am running version 8.0.4657.0 (Release Candidate 4).

I created a new DB for the 2014 environment and then upgraded from 2012 option without any issues.

I then configured the mirroring on the SQL side, databases are mirrored without problem, they can failover, etc.

If I try to configure it afterward I still have the same error. As soon as the "Set failover partner" box is checked with the correct server name (tested, verified), the error box appear.

I will try to create a new environment without importing data from our 2012 and see from there.
I will check again...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Ok, I found the issue - if you edit the environment it fails... will be fixed in the next version

If you want to correct it manually you can edit the environments.xml file and add to your connection string "Failover Partner=servername;"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I confirm that if I edit the file manually all is working fine. Fail over is working between the 2 SQL servers without any interruption on the software.

Thanks for looking into this and looking forward for the next version. Any idea when?
Will be in the next days...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver