Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow response with find
Not sure if this has been reported; when using the find function (ctrl+f), typing into the window is very slow at times.

It's slow typing each letter, and then a moment letter it returns with the search results.

I'm on Win 8.1, with 2014 RC4 (It's been this way since RC1). I'm using SQL mode. I noticed I don't see the problem when I switch to offline mode.
Ok, I did some changes to boost the performace in Find again - I tried now with 4000 objects and a key stroke takes only some millliseconds until the list is updated - will be available with the next update...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
We are using ASG 2012 verison 7.2.3955.0. We have the slow response in searching items.
Is there any way to restrict search to specific folder user has access to?
No - we have new options in version 2015/2016 and a complete new "quick search" for the navigation bar - but I can't change anything for version 2012 anymore...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello, 

I am seeing the same issue.  We are in the process in deploying Win 10 from Win7.  WIN7 seems fine but doing this same process on Win10 is SLOOOOOWWWW.  I type a number and take about a second for it to appear in the Find bar. 

I am running ASG Remote Desktop 2012 Ver 7.3.41440.0

THx

J
I don't know why it should be a difference on Win7 to Win10?!? But version 2012 is quit old and it was not tested on Win10 - so you might upgrade to version 2018...

Perhaps
Regards/Gruss
Oliver