Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vCenter 5.5
Should ASG-RD 2014 - RC4 synchronize with vCenter 5.5? I created a folder and added the VMware role but when I add the name or IP of the vCenter server the Synchronize button stays grayed out.
You have to save the folder first and then the sync button will be available - will be fixed with the next update...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I found that feature setting up the AD sync folders but the VMware folder is still not giving me the option to synch. Is there something on the VMware side that needs to be configured to allow ASG-RD to talk to it? I am using the account in ASG-RD that I use to connect to the vSphere client so I don't think it is a rights issue.

Thanks for your help.
Do you get any error messages? If you use a valid account for your ESX it should sync your data - have a look into the error log...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Let me give a little more background information, I have ASG-RD 2014 - RC4 installed on a Citrix XenApp server along with the vSphere client. Today I tried opening the vSphere client first and was reminded we don't have a signed cert attached to vSphere client so I get a warning message when I open it. Today I clicked through the warnings and after it came up I opened ASG-RD 2014 - RC4 and the Sync button was available, but when I try to sync I am getting this error.

Object of type 'ManagedEntity' with ID '' not found on vCenter Server.

---------------------------

at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.IsServiceReconnected(SoapException soapEx)
at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.RetrieveEntityPermissions(ManagedObjectReference authManager, ManagedObjectReference entityRef, Boolean inherited)
at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.CheckTheEntityPermissions(String PermissionName, ManagedObjectReference EntityRef)
at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.GetProperties(ManagedObjectReference ManagedObject, String[] PropertiesSet)
at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.SetVMProperties(String VMIdentifier, DynamicProperty[] VMProperties, ObjectTypes ChildType)
at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.GetChilds(VEStructureItem StartObject, ObjectTypes ChildType, String[] PathSet)
at visionapp.vVE.vVM.ESXEnvironment.GetObjectChilds(VEStructureItem StartObject, ObjectTypes ChildType)
at PlugInVMware.Helper.SyncHelper.SyncVMWareFolder(IWin32Window owner, IBaseItem folderParams, CredentialsParameter creds, EsxSyncProperties props)
Our VMware expert tries to find a solution - Managed Entity is a abstract class in VMware - should be normally not in the result list - we will ty to ignore such objects because there is no relevance for the sync
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thank you very much. If you need anything from me please let me know .