Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slight feature chnages
Hello,

Testing with RC5 has been very good so far, however our users have a few feature changes that they would like considered for the next release.

1) Setting the Find Attribute to name/Description. The ability to search using description is one of ASG best features as all our AD descriptions are detailed and was the default in 2012.

2) Disable the all server shutdown and single server shutdown options. I really don’t want anyone selecting this and I can’t see an option in the application to disable this. This should only be controlled from within a windows session.

3) Favourites option. We have hundreds and servers by a lot of users connect top the same 5 or 10 servers. It would be great if you could mark servers as favourites and these can be displayed under the navigation section.

4) Log Off All. This doesn't seem to work. It would be great to have an option that would log you of all open sessions.

If you could provide some feedback on the above that would be most appreciated.

Thom
1) Set the dafult back to "Name/Description"
2) Do you want a command line option? Or a global security setting? I will implement it...
3) It's on the roadmap - will be available very soon
4) We fixed some issue on "Log Off"

RTM will be released tomorrow - if you give me feedback for issue 2 it will be in the RTM :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the quick reply.
1) Can I do this? if so how?
2) I don't want any option to shut down servers from within ASG. It’s too easy to do by accident, can this be disabled within settings?
3) That’s great!
4) I will try the latest released at some point, and hopefully this will be resolved.
1) Sorry, I set it as default for RTM :-) So it's working now :-)
2) I will add options for the first patch...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver