Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 2011 not possible ?
Hi were still on 2011 and are looking to upgrade, as 2015 is near completion we would rather upgrade only once.
But there is no real option to do this.
We can export everything to .vrb but 2015 cannot ipmort this.
As i did a test with 2012 before i could upgrade from there but all the credetials are messed up.
All are private to me and no longer public or private to the specific person.
We did a change in the security component in the past so there were an upgrade where private credential passwords must be typed in again - but the assignments should be ok. So I do not really understand what your problem currenty is. Are the private creds not working anymore or are they gone?

Do you use a database or a local file? Did you connect with version 2012 to your old environment? Then the upgrade should run without loosing any data...

In version 2015 you need to "migrate your data" inside the application - old datasource will be read and import the data to 2015 environment...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,

Each time I used "our own" SQLserver Express 2008R2 to create new SQL instances
What i tried :
0. made a vrb export of our 2011 production environment
1. install 2012 on a test server , but that test server was behind a FW and did not allow SQL traffic.
2. install 2012 on the production machine on VA2012 instance,
imported the vrb but I still had some problems.
when browsing your forums i saw the 2015 thread so i dropped these efforts, to avoid additional client migration.
3. install 2015 RTM on the production machine on ASGRD instance
tried to import but there is no common denominator to do this.
ran the "migrate" from the 2012 test.

result, ALL credentials are gone exept for for the user who installed it who saw it as personal. with over more than a thousand credentials it's not feasible to change them one by one.
Also I saw credentials form other users that were personal for them.

On other remark, The servers and the initial credentials for install are on an other domain than the real users.
Step by step.

You can only migrate a full working 2012 environment to 2015. So first you should migrate your 2011 database by installing 2012 and connect to your old database - then the migration process will migrate your database to a 2012 scheme.

Is there everything Ok??? You should check your data first!

Then install 2015 - create a new database - choose "Migrate from 2012" and select your working 2012 database...

After that all settings should be available - you need to login to 2015 with the same user (e.g. Domain-User) as in 2012 to get the same results...

Did you do that???
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I was hoping to avoid the 2 full migrations and do it in one time, as my previous attempt dit not go well.

so I'll do a full 2012 migration first then. Sad
Sorry for that - but the data model changed completly in 2015 and it was to much effort to support/test all older database schemes for migration...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi, at this case. Where do i find the documents for the upgrade process from 2012 to 2015?
Or do they dont exist? :-)
Upgrade is described in the help of ASG-RD 2015 - Goto "File=>Upgrade from 2012" and press F1
Regards/Gruss
Oliver