Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ext. Application - Unhandled Exception
If I setup a Host with the "Protocol" setup to use a Ext Application that has "Try to Integrate" enabled, I get the following error pop up.

Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occurred in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.

I'm using 2015 RTM
Can you give me some more details? Any logs in Application event log or Error log regarding this issue? What are the parameters of the Ext. App.???
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I tried it with the following commands.

Command: C:\Program Files\VanDyke Software\SecureCRT\SecureCRT.exe
Options: /SSH2 /L %username% /PASSWORD %password% %computername%

Command: %ProgramFiles(x86)%\FileZilla FTP Client\filezilla.exe
Options: sftp://%username%:%password%@%computername%

This was in the error log.

Code:
Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.
The method or operation is not implemented.

---------------------------

at PlugInExtApp.Controls.ExtAppClientControl.get_AdministrationToolbarMenuItems()
   at CloudAdminUI.DockControls.ConnectionControl.InitializeClientCtrl()
   at CloudAdminUI.DockControls.ConnectionControl..ctor(ConnectionParameter connectionParams, DockControl dockControl)
   at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.AddNewConnectionDocument(ConnectionParameter connectionParams)
   at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(ConnectionParameter connParams, IConnectionDocument& connDoc)
   at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(ConnectionParameter _connParams, ConnectionOptions options, IConnectionDocument& connDoc)
   at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(List`1 connIds, ConnectionOptions options)
   at CloudAdminCommon.PlugInBase.DoubleClick(Guid itemId, Guid nodeTypeId)
   at CloudAdminCommon.Access.PlugInAccessor.ExecuteDoubleClickOnNode(Guid itemId, Guid nodeTypeId)
   at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.advTree1_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
   at DevComponents.AdvTree.AdvTree.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Ok, found the issue - will be fixed in Patch1
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thank you. The only thing now is, the external applications luanch outside of the integrated window, and then take some amount of seconds before they dock. At first I thought it just wasn't working, but I wasn't giving it enough time. If I closed the app before it docked it would throw this exception, though it doesn't throw that if you wait till it does dock. Not sure if that's a clue or not.

Note, this was with Patch 1, and I deleted all the settings mentioned in the Beta 2014 users thread, along with creating a whole new file to test with. Just to be sure it wasn't upgrade related.

Code:
Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.
Exited or no Main Window

---------------------------

at PlugInExtApp.Controls.ExtAppClientControl.Grab(ExtAppParameter extappParams)
   at PlugInExtApp.Controls.ExtAppClientControl.Connect(ConnectionParameter connParams, CredentialsParameter credParams)
   at CloudAdminUI.DockControls.ConnectionControl.Connect(ConnectionParameter connParams)
   at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(ConnectionParameter connParams, IConnectionDocument& connDoc)
   at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(ConnectionParameter _connParams, ConnectionOptions options, IConnectionDocument& connDoc)
   at CloudAdminCommon.Access.ConnectionManager.Connect(List`1 connIds, ConnectionOptions options)
   at CloudAdminCommon.PlugInBase.buttonItemConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.BaseItem.RaiseClick(eEventSource source)
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.BaseItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ButtonItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.MenuPanel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevComponents.DotNetBar.MenuPanel.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Yes, but that's the way it's working - we need to wait for the application to start on the Host system and then try to "grab" the MainWindow of this application and try to integrate into ASG-RD - we could customite the error handling, but that's the only way it is working...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver