ASG-RD 2015 - Patch1
First patch version of ASG-RD 2015 is available.

If you have already installed ASG-RD 2015 RTM you need to close your application and then install the Patch version. You don't need to uninstall the RTM.

The following ReleaseNotes describes the fixed issue and some new features.

For Upgrade-Users (from version 2012):
If you want to migrate your data from 2012 version you can do inside a new environment in 2015 - so you could not connect to an old environment (as in the past) - you need to create a new environment and select "Environment=>Upgrade from 2012".

ASG-RD 2015 Patch1

For any feedback you can use this sub forum or the main forum of ASG-RD.

Attached Files
.html   LiesMich ASG-RD 2015 Patch1.html (Size: 2.13 KB / Downloads: 145)
.html   ReadMe ASG-RD 2015 Patch1.html (Size: 1.82 KB / Downloads: 161)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
This application is very average!!

On the 2015 RTM i cannot install a company license so i have been running on eval license.

Installed patch 1 and still cannot install license. I actually get an exception

Now my eval period has expired, and i cannot use the product. The RTM version
was released on 22/11/14, it is now 8/12/14. Is that 30 days????

Can we get this fixed!!!

Damian

Attached Files
.docx   ASG RD After installing patch1.docx (Size: 133.4 KB / Downloads: 38)
Are you running the product in database or file mode?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Iam sorry to say that the delete problem is still not fixed.

if i ghave the navigation pinned so it shows my tree all the time DELETE WORKS, if i unpin it so it HIDES AUTOMATIC then i cant delete.

// Kristoffer
(08-12-2014, 09:49 AM)DevOma Wrote: Are you running the product in database or file mode?

Running in Database mode
@Kristoffer: Now I understand the difference - I unpinned always the Navigation to "float state" and not to "auto hide" - and that causes the problem - I solved it already and I check how to publish the files immediately... I will inform you...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,

Can i get the AUTOSYNC for AD to work now? If yes HOW?

// Kristoffer

(08-12-2014, 12:14 PM)DevOma Wrote: @Kristoffer: Now I understand the difference - I unpinned always the Navigation to "float state" and not to "auto hide" - and that causes the problem - I solved it already and I check how to publish the files immediately... I will inform you...

Perfect thank you...

// Kristoffer
@Kristoffer: I will send you a private message in a few minutes :-)

Autosync is implemted - see the new command line options or goto your folder where you have configured your sync options - there is a new button "Command Line" - you will find the command line for calling the sync - test it first that it will run - then you can create a Windows Task - goto "Administrative Tools => Task Scheduler" - create a new task and put in the command line syntax - your can choose when and how often the task should be run...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hy DevOma,

Thanks for the great patch!

I released it to our remote desktop users (admins),

But still two issues:
- The /loginintegrated:true did not apply direct correctly. Users must configure the setting "Pass-through authentication" before the can logon directly the next time. I want to set this setting with my admin as default for all users; but they still have to enable it individually.
- When typing in the servernames, I'm still unable to typein the whole servername. It select diffrent servers then the one in type in. It's different then before, but still not fine.

Hope you can fix those issues in Patch2.
Both issues are already fixed - to login silent you also have to use /loginsubmit" - else you will only preconfigure the login settings

Try to customize the new setting "Settings=>Application=>Search buffer expire timeout for Navigation" - there you can specify the timespan in which keystrokes are interpreted as a combined string - so if you use 1000 every keystroke within 1 sec will be add to the search string - if you don't press a key within 1 sec the buffer is cleared and the search will select the first node that begins with your last keystroke...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-12-2014, 10:12 AM)DevOma Wrote: Both issues are already fixed - to login silent you also have to use /loginsubmit" - else you will only preconfigure the login settings

Try to customize the new setting "Settings=>Application=>Search buffer expire timeout for Navigation" - there you can specify the timespan in which keystrokes are interpreted as a combined string - so if you use 1000 every keystroke within 1 sec will be add to the search string - if you don't press a key within 1 sec the buffer is cleared and the search will select the first node that begins with your last keystroke...

Hy Oliver,

/loginsubmit works fine indeed.

Timespan settings is not the solution... Still there is an strange behavior when typing in server names. I have 10 servers named MAILBOX00 to MAILBOX09 When I type in the name of MAILBOX01, it navigates to MAILBOX05 ore something.

I can show it with a teamviewer session.

Regards,
Hm strange - first I try to reproduce it myself...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I installed 2015 coexistent to 2012 and want to do an testupgrade but I canĀ“t find any migration assistant. The forum was no help too. Is there any manual or guide how to migrate from 2012 to 2015?

ok. I found it. Thanks anyway Smile
@hardinxcore: Ok, I see the same issue now - problem seems to be that the search is always done from the current position with the whole search string - so in your case if you type "M" first Mailbox___ server will be selected - then you type a but now the second one is selected instead of staying on the current position - I will check if there is a chance to customize this...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Rolleyes 
(15-12-2014, 09:54 AM)DevOma Wrote: @hardinxcore: Ok, I see the same issue now - problem seems to be that the search is always done from the current position with the whole search string - so in your case if you type "M" first Mailbox___ server will be selected - then you type a but now the second one is selected instead of staying on the current position - I will check if there is a chance to customize this...

Great! Wink

Another question for additional functionality for ASG-RD, so I can provide ASG-RD to more users:

Can you add the functionality that I can force a message with a kind of a (customizable) EULA that users have to accept, before the can use USG-RD (directly after startup ASG-RD)? Based on UserGroups? So suppliers that have to login, have to accept our agreements first; before they can logon? My own colleagues don't have to see/accept the message.

Hope you can add this functionality, so I can provide one ASG-RD application to all my customers and suppliers that need RDP to one of our servers...
Hello,
Can you please tell me where can I find an installation and user guide for ASG Remote Desktop 2015?

Thanks
User guide is the online help inside the application - installation is quite easy and if you start the program you can always press F1 to get more information on current topic...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Looking through this thread it looks like a patched version was given to Kristoffer that addresses the issue with the right click menu on the Navigation pane when it is docked and unpinned (autohide) - how can I get my hands on that version as I have the same issue?
Cheers.
Patch2 will be released today or at least at the beginning of the week - perhaps you can use this version...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
OK, thanks; I will await patch 2.