Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Remove Buttons From Toolbar
Hi,
I just upgrade to 2015 Patch1 and have noticed the following behavior when modifying the button layout on the toolbar.

On the toolbar down arrow --> Add Remove Buttons --> Delete

This SHOULD remove the delete button, and while it does that, it also brings up the dialog to delete whatever object / folder is selected. This behavior also exists for all of the actions on both toolbars (cut/copy/paste/import/export/logbook/etc). Ideally, if I'm in the add/remove portion of the toolbar, I just want it to add or remove - not take that particular action.

The 'delete' one is particularly bad as if I have a user that has a top level folder (unknowingly) selected and tries to remove the delete button and gets the confirmation to delete, they may assume that its a dialog to delete the toolbar button when in fact it would delete the folder and all sub connections (at least, I'm assuming that is the case).

Also, if I click the toolbar down arrow --> Add Remove Buttons --> Customize, I would expect that I should be able to uncheck any of the toolbars, particularly "Toolbar" and "Administration" (Screenshot 1)

Instead, since I'm unable, I'm left with two empty toolbars on the top of the window without a way to hide them (Screenshot 2)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Love the upgrade so far!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Will check and solve that for the next patch :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-12-2014, 10:13 AM)DevOma Wrote: Will check and solve that for the next patch :-)

I am experiencing this issue as well. I am on 2015 patch 7. I can not uncheck any of the Toolbars.
KL_Dane
Yes - we don't want that all toolbars and menu are gone and afterwards the users will open support calls with "how can I get back my toolbars" - I can add this as feature request and we should think about how to handle that
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(04-10-2016, 08:40 AM)DevOma Wrote: Yes - we don't want that all toolbars and menu are gone and afterwards the users will open support calls with "how can I get back my toolbars" - I can add this as feature request and we should think about how to handle that

I can understand that. Can we have an option to save the position of the toolbars instead then? I really hate having to move them to my prefered location every morning - please.
KL_Dane
Should be saved in your profile.xml every time you close the application
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(05-10-2016, 10:26 AM)DevOma Wrote: Should be saved in your profile.xml every time you close the application

Thats not funny! It has been necesarry to rearrange them every morning for the past year, and now when I want to record it, they stay just where i want them!

Well I guess i'll just be happy that they stay now and forget the irritation of having to move them Wink
KL_Dane
:-)

There is one combination that is not saved correctly - if I remember correctly it is only if the Menu bar is not the first one (left) - I don't know why :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver