Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem with Quick Connection in 2015 patch1
I installed RD 2015 Patch 1 a couple of days after it came out and I have two problems with the quick connect.
First, when I use the quick connect, it doesn't save my settings from one session to the next and it doesn't use the default settings I've setup under Administration, Default Connection Properties. Specifically, I configure the RDP Resource options to apply Windows key combinations on the remote computer and remote audio playback to play on the remote computer. These settings are configured in my default connection properties, but aren't used in any quick connection sessions. If set those settings for a quick connect session, those settings are not used on the next quick connect session. Having to go set these settings every time makes the quick connect not quite so quick or useful.
Second, after I connect to a server using quick connect, the quick connect dialog box stays up. It is in the background, but it is another window in my taskbar. I would prefer that once a connection is made with quick connect, the dialog should close, if not by default, then at least as an optional configuration.

Thank you,
Daniel
The quick connect has a 'Close after connect' radio button. It remembers the last used settings..
Yes, you should use this setting :-)

Did you set the default settings in Administration=>Default Settings? I have a request to split default settings for Quick Connect and new connections and that will be implemented in a following patch version...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(11-12-2014, 11:27 PM)DevOma Wrote: Yes, you should use this setting :-)

Did you set the default settings in Administration=>Default Settings? I have a request to split default settings for Quick Connect and new connections and that will be implemented in a following patch version...

I do see the check box to close the Quick Connect Dialog, thank you.

As for the default settings, under Administration, I have "Default connection properties" and I have set the settings I want there, they just weren't being used in any of my Quick Connection sessions. However, I just tried a Quick Connect session now, and the settings seem to have been applied. I'm not sure why it wasn't working yesterday, but it's working now.

Well, now I'm confused. The settings for my Quick Connect aren't being applied the same for every connection. I just connected to a server after rebooting it and the settings didn't apply (specifically, the setting to pass key combinations through so the Windows key will work on the remote computer rather than my computer). I disconnected from the server and connected again and it was fine but then I connected to another server and the settings weren't working again. Before I reconnected to the first server and the settings worked, I opened the default connection settings dialog to verify the settings were still the way I set them. After clicking OK to close that dialog, I connected to the server and the settings were fine. When I then connected to the second server, the settings didn't work. I disconnected and reconnected and they still didn't work. I tried connecting to a server that I'd never used the quick connect with and the settings didn't work. I then checked my default settings again and then tried connecting to a server again and the settings were fine. It seems that the default settings I've defined only work for the first connection I make after closing the default connection properties dialog box. Obviously this is not an ideal situation. I'm hoping there is a fix for it.

Thank you,
Daniel
Any update on this? Has anybody else seen this?
Didn't see your changes because you edit your post - I will check this and try to fix for Patch2...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver