Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cached Mode does not work
I was looking for the new auto-cache mode to prevent problems when the connection to the database is lost.
Unfortunately the whole thing does not always work.

Here is how you can reproduce it:
- start ASGRD 2015 Patch 1 (online mode)
- enable offline mode
- go online again
- remove the ethernet cable.
- press F5

Than a popup comes up (Connection could not be established) which says that the cached data will be used after.
When you click on OK the same popup comes up again and so on.

I also got two other results:
- ASG RD crashed
- No connections are available (Navigation is empty)

So my guess is that there are some background threads which were still doing something and depending on their status the application acts differently.

Markus
Thanks for the detailed description - I will reproduce it - perhaps it is only after "reconnect from offline mode"?!? I will find the issue...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I repeated my tests a lot of times now but the behavior is not always the same.
The last few time it only leaves me with an empty navigation.

So maybe it will be hard to reproduce.

I first thought that the errors are in the error log but unfortunately when the problem occurs nothing was logged in the error log..
Same problem here (or I'm doing something wrong).
When I open the application without a network connection to the db server I always get an error that the db can't be connected...
Or do I need to activate this feature somewere...?
You can't open the app when network connection is not available - you can set "Offline mode" while you are connected to a database - and if you loose the connection while you are connected to a database it should "switch to offline mode automatically" - but your data is not stored locally when you end the app in "online mode"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Ah ok, I mis understood it then :$
Would have been a nice feature though ;-)

Thanks for clarifying
Yeah. Auto-offline before exit (via Options Menu)
:-)