Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Connect hot key missing in 2015 P1
Hello,
the ASG RD 2015 (Patch 1 and before) does not have a hot key for the connect button in the Find Items list.
That button had an hot key in the 2012 version (Alt+C).

I think it should be easy to enable it again.

Markus
Can someone from ASG post an answer?
Yes, we removed it 1 day before releasing Patch1 because the hotkey were executed if your e.g. press "c" in the navigation treeview - I don't know why, we have to check that and than we can add this again - but the side effects were not acceptable so we removed it
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Have you used the build in functionality of the text (using the &-character) for the hot key (would normally required the ALT key to be pressed) or was it implemented as key-press (or key-down) event?

From my point of view there still must be a simple solution to get back the functionality without side effects.

Will ASG provide a solution with the next Patch or will it stay as it is ?

Markus
It was implemented as "&+character" in the text label - but it was executed when the key only was pressed without ALT - so we removed it to prevent the side effects - I added now F4 to Connect (servers) and F6 to Start (applications) - will be available in the next Patch
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thank you
Any update on having this resolved. This is the most important button in the whole app.
Patch2 will be published in a few days
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Cool 
Thanks for the update Oliver!