Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Apply Windows key combinations" and random tab colors do not work
the "Apply Windows key combinations" option set to "On the remote computer" does not work at all for me. It works/worked fine on 2012 but does not do anything on 2015.

I access this feature when using the quick-connect entry and set it in there, it still applies all windows key combinations on the local machine.

==============================================================

Also i have the option for random tab colors enabled, but this does not work either. Every new connection with the quick connect box is the same color. The color is different each time the app is launched, but every tab is only 1 color. So for example, if i launch the app and make a connection, lets say it randomly picks green as the tab color, every additional tab opened will also be green, instead of a random color like it would be in 2012.
I will check asap
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Fixed the QuickConnect and Random color tabs - now I will check "Apply Windows key combinations"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Can you check if the "Apply windows keys" is working for connections that are already created? On my computer it runs as it should be...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Got the same problem.

If you have "Personal Values" set to "In fullscreen mode only" then even though you have selected "Inherited Values", it still obey the personal value.
I have not tested if this is through out the properties or just this branch.

Using 2015 Patch 2

[EDIT] I use an 2012 upgraded SQL connection, it that is importent information Smile [/EDIT]

Regards Lars
[EDIT] No, it's simply just the Inheritance of the "Apply Windows key combinations" that is not working.
No matter how the other settings are, when you use "Inherited Values" hotkeys are not sent to remote computer. [/EDIT]
I tried to reproduce but it worked as designed :-)

I created a folder with Setting "Apply only in fullscreen mode" and a connection with "Apply on remote computer" - if I click personal on the connection the right setting is used and if I click "Inherited" the inherited settings are used...

Do you see the right setting if you choose "Inherited"?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi

The environment I use at work has the same issue.
It is still using SQL database, but I must have connected another way than at my home environment, because I don't have the "Personal Values" here at work.
I have attached the two different settings, where the "Defualt Values" works and the "Inherited Values" don't.

Both environments are 2012 upgraded. And it's same bug on both Windows 8.1, Windows 10 TP and Windows Server 2012 R2.

If it could help you to get access to something or if I could try things, just say the word, and I will do it, I'm an IT professional, so I should be able to do the most things :D

Regards Lars

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I set my "default connection parameters" to "on remote computer" and every single time i use quick connect and connect to a machine, the windows keys do not work in the RDP session. They does work perfectly fine in ASG-RD 2012.
I just created a new connection, and set it to inheriet, and this one works.
So I must be something with the conversion from 2012 enviromment.

I can give you a .bak of one of my SQL databases, I have no saved passwords.

/Lars
Ok, please send to asg.rd@asg.com - I will have a look at the data
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi

I have sent the mail.
You might need to check if the connection is set to use tab view, as I'm waiting for the MultiEdit or Force Inherit options Wink

Regards Lars.
I got it - could reproduce, found the bug - need only to solve it :-) But this is mostly the easiest part! Will be fixed in Patch3 - planned for Friday
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(03-02-2015, 04:05 PM)DevOma Wrote: I got it - could reproduce, found the bug - need only to solve it :-) But this is mostly the easiest part! Will be fixed in Patch3 - planned for Friday

Sounds great! Thank you for the support help.
Is patch3 still bug fixes only, or is it the first "Feature patch" ?

Regards Lars
There will be only one new feature - HyperV integration - but other features will follow asap
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(03-02-2015, 09:53 PM)DevOma Wrote: There will be only one new feature - HyperV integration - but other features will follow asap

That is also a nice feature. Can it use the native Hyper-V bus so you can see bios also?

/Lars
(03-02-2015, 04:05 PM)DevOma Wrote: I got it - could reproduce, found the bug - need only to solve it :-) But this is mostly the easiest part! Will be fixed in Patch3 - planned for Friday

Confirmed that this is working properly now with Patch3. Thank you, it was driving me nuts trying to use Server 2012 R2 without my windows key Smile
I'm on holiday now, but glad to hear it is fixed. Thank you DevOma!