Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credentials
Not sure what's going on ---- ASG RD 8.0.4721.0 with a local environment file on Windows 7 SP1 x64.

Suddenly I cannot delete credentials; the context menu's delete action is grayed out.

Also, I am not seeing a "credentials" item in the connection tree.

This has just happened today following the weekend.

It seems however that the credentials are stored and used as I am able to log into my terminal servers without fail.

I have restarted all instances of ASG RD and the problem remains.

Please help, thank you.
Doyou have your Navigation-Window docked, but in "Hide"-mode? Then this could cause the delete problem - will be fixed in the next patch (will be published the next days)

If there is a cred object that is not displayed - I could check this in the file itself- you can send me your file to "asg.rd@asg.com" - add a link to this thread and I will check asap
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thanks, the docked-but-hidden thing was the culprit for one of the problems. Looking forward to patch 2 Smile

The other problem remains. I've attached some pictures of my new connection and edit connection dialogs; notice, please the lack of a credentials branch in the tree. Can you help me with this?

Somewhat along the same lines, you know, "credentials," I've attached a picture of the personal password dialog, it looks a little odd on my system -- thought you might like to see it.

Thank you Smile

---------------------------------------

Ups, now I see your problem - the new UI of version 2015 :-) You need to add "Roles" to your objects - click on Roles and add "Credentials" - this allows you only to see, edit and configure the roles you need - migrated connections have all roles because we can't know which ones are really used or not
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Ahah! That was the answer. Thank you!