ASG-RD 2015 - Patch2
Patch2 of ASG-RD 2015 is available.

If you have already installed ASG-RD 2015 RTM or Patch1 you need to close your application and then install the Patch2 version. You don't need to uninstall your old version.
Attention: Database users have to run a short database-update (by wizard). After that all client installations need to be updated too! This was necessary because of some performance issues.

The following ReleaseNotes describes the fixed issues and new features.

For Upgrade-Users (from version 2012):
If you want to migrate your data from 2012 version you can do inside a new environment in 2015 - so you could not connect to an old environment (as in the past) - you need to create a new environment and select "Environment=>Upgrade from 2012".

ASG-RD 2015 Patch2

For any feedback you can use this sub forum or the main forum of ASG-RD.

And at least a short feature outlook on coming versions/patches (coming soon):

- Favorites window
- HyperV integration
- Performace booster by checking objects to use Inherit instead of Default/Personal Values - push settings to child objects
- MultiEdit

And of course some minor features, enhancements, bug fixes...

Will be available as soon as possible :-)

Attached Files
.html   ReleaseNotes_DE.html (Size: 1.66 KB / Downloads: 73)
.html   ReleaseNotes_EN.html (Size: 1.44 KB / Downloads: 160)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Oliver -- I still don't see the reconnect button after installing Patch 2. Any thoughts?
Reconnect-Button? Did you report this problem before - sorry, at the moment I don't know what the problem is (currently high support traffic- perhaps I missed something)?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
This was in another thread that the Reconnect button was missing. Oliver said he was working on a patch called Patch 2 or something similar. I got the patch today and installed it but the button did not show up. It's the button with the Red and Green arrows going in opposite directions and is used for logging back into a server that reverted back to the login screen after being idle. Hope this helps.
You can add the toolbar to connections (Options=>User Specific=>Layout) - and there is the Reconnect-Button - you also can get this functionallity ba right clicking on the connections tab - but that is working since the first beta of 2015 :-) Or do I missunderstand?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
When running this app as a Microsoft RemoteApp, each SSH connection is shown on the taskbar as its own app in addition to the normal window. RDP sessions work fine. I haven't tried any other types of connections.
You can specify the "Display settings"- you can run a connection in an own window (will be displayed as own app in the taskbar) or you can use it as tab inside the application
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
It's defaulted to show as a tab. And when running under RemoteApp it shows both as a tab and a separate window on the taskbar, but only as a tab on the screen. If I logon to the server that's hosting it directly and run it as the same user with the same profile it works fine.
Wow never had this before - if the connetions runs in a tab there is no window created for that - it's just an control but no windows handle - so normally I would say that's not possible :-) At the moment I have no idea - how did you publish it? Citrix, MS RemoteApp? Is there any other app that controls "windows"?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Good morning.
a question and a possible bug report:
a) do you have a patch 3 in the works? and if so, any idea of when would it be available?
b) when in a windows remote session, if i press the "delete" key, it will take that as input to the ASG interface and ask "if i want to delete to proceed?"; if i say yes, it will proceed to delete whatever i had highlighted in the navigation tree, instead of deleting from whatever field i had the cursor on the windows remote session.
i have found that i can use the "backspace" key to delete on the windows remote session, but would like that the "delete" function behave the same way as the "backspace" key, as it does on all SSH sessions.
Have not tried it in other type of connections.
Thanks
Antonio.
Ok, I will have a look - Patch3 is planned for Monday :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I checked this - but I can't reproduce - I work the whole time with RDP sessions and ASG-RD 2015 and I press a lot the delete-button - but it always delete inside the RDP session!?!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello, sorry, meant to say HTTPS instead of RDP.
BTW, using patch2.
Attached is a screen shot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok, now I understand - it's a special combination that causes this problem - have to check how we can prevent this - a short workaround is to "pin" the navigation bar on the left - then the Delete command will only be executed if the Navigation control is active

I will try to fix it with Patch3...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello,

I've upgraded my environment from 2012 to 2015, and several connections are using personal values in the credentials menu, but the correct items are configured under default values.

How can i change the connection-credential values from personal tot default for all the connections.

Or other wise how can i delete the personal values, so it uses the default values?

Thanks in advance
Ewout
Can you give a screenshot of version 2012 with Connection=>Credentials Assignment and then the same one for version 2015? It should migrate to the right setting, but I want to see your issue
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Look below for the screenshot from 2012 and 2015.

2012:
[Image: 2012.png]

2015:
[Image: 2015.png]
Ok - I see - both values are set correctly but miigration set "Personal" instead of "Default" - I will check the migration - and will inform you how to solve this asap
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

What's the status on this issue? I've just installed patch 5 and still problems with the credentials, after the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.
Ewout
Yes you are right - I retetest that issue - and it was only fixed for connection folders - now it is fixed also for connections - will be available with Patch6 - planned for next week...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver