Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation with bundling enviroments.xml
Hi,

Is it possible to install ASG-RD with a bundled enviroments.xml file ?
The reasoning behind this is that we're about to start internal testing and having users setting up their enviroments themselves is not what we would want.
I've solved it temporarily with a short .bat copy-script, but I was wondering if there was another way to go about this?

As of now, my quickfix does the following (if anyone else has the same issue);
Code:
cd %userprofile%/AppData/Roaming
mkdir ASG-RemoteDesktop
cd ASG-RemoteDesktop
mkdir 8.0
X: <- this is our internal mapped fileserver
cd Program\Asg-remotedesktop\ <- placed the .xml file here
copy enviroments.xml %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\asg-remotedesktop\8.0\

The installer does not create the roaming folder at first install, but only after you've setup your enviroment. Its a working fix doing the above of course, but its rather messy Smile
There is no other way - as you can customize the path by commandline some customers do not want to create files outside the installation path when installing a program.

So you can check in your cmd file for existing folders or if there is already a environments file or what else - perhaps you should also copy a predefined profile.xml so you could also set the active environment
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Allright, not a really big issue though, we just like automation in our firm Smile
I'll just cleanup the script and make some checks if a user for instance need to reinstall the application on their machines. Thanks for the reply !