Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG 2015 upgrade 2012 error
I have installed ASGRD 2015 into a new database and i can start the application.
How ever when i attempt to upgrade my existing 2012 installation (A DB copy), i recieve the following error during the "upgrade error log data" phase:

Migration Aborted
Excecutereader
at upgraderhelper2012.upgrade.start()
at upgradehelper2012.migrationwizard.backgroundworkerexceute_Dowork(Object sender,.....

The error messeage goes on, see attachment

Can any one help with this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Is it possible that you send me your old database as a backup file? For friday Patch3 is planned and I would like to find this issue before - please send to asg.rd@asg.com - and please add a link to this thread - if it is too big to send perhaps you can upload to a cloud drive and send me only the link

Backup your old database with MSSQL Management Studio and tell me the version of SQL Server you are using...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I will send you an email as soon as my upload is complete to onedrive.
The file is 2,5GB but ill send you the link today
Wow - did you think about limiting your logs :-) There are options to limit by count, date and so on...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
according to SQL the log is 1mb, but the Database file its self is 2,5GB

The log you mention, is this within ASGRD 2012

Update, i just looked in log options and set limitations, but i dont see this has effected the Database size as of yet.
How long before it deletes the old log data, in my opinion there should be default log limitation set =)
OK so apparently at 2790115 records the error log gets a bit upset.
Couldn't even open the log from 2012.

After deleting 2790000 records i could again access the data and complete the upgrade. the file went from 2,5GB to 44mb.

Thanks for the quick response.

feel free to delete my thread Smile