Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature request - Credentials, un-expand the selection list
Hi,
We're heavily dependent on the Credentials function in ASG, considering we have a huge customer base it's annoying that when we select a default credential to a customer folder, the entire folder list is expanded. Making it a bit fiddly to find the correct one.
I would prefer if we had a setting to not expand this list for instance. Not sure if its possible, but a search function would be great also, it could be as easy as highlighting the selectionlist, and start typing if you understand what I mean.

To clearify, our rdp-connections structure in ASG is;

Connections-top folder
-> Department
-> Customer (for each customer)
-> the connections

our credential structure is

Credentials-top folder
-> Personal Users (our users personal passwords)
-> Department
-> Customer-folder (for each customer)
-> Password objects
Soory, but I do not really understand the problem

- why and when is "entire folder list expanded"
- there is a find window!?!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(11-02-2015, 02:33 PM)DevOma Wrote: Soory, but I do not really understand the problem

- why and when is "entire folder list expanded"
- there is a find window!?!

No worries, I'll try to illustrate this better Smile
Look at the attachment, in this instance I was applying a default credential for an entire customer-folder to be inherited for all connections.
Finding the correct credential is a bit difficult when you have a lot of credentials and one folder for each customer.

There is not a find-window for this function, but having some sort of find/filter function on the credential-selection list, when you're setting up defaults, would be nice.

The function level for a find-function here, could be something like the Find items-function in ASG. You start typing in the find-field (in this case the selection list) and stuff that correlates to what you are typing shows up.

If I for instance have a customer named "microsoft", and i have a credential created for this called "domain admin - microsoft", i should be able to filter out "microsoft" in the credential selection list, and not need to scroll down the entire list to find the credential i want to use as default.

Hope this clears it up!

ASG is working great for us btw, our pilot is going great and we're adding new test-users every day. I belive we have around 2000 server-connections in our environment now, not a hitch so far Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok I understand :-) I will add it to the feature list and will see how we can realize it :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(12-02-2015, 04:43 PM)DevOma Wrote: Ok I understand :-) I will add it to the feature list and will see how we can realize it :-)

Fantastic! Thank you Smile
Super! We have the same thing here. If that drop-down list was resizeable or 2-3 times longer that would make selection much easier.
Any news on this ? Smile
There is a new setting in Patch5 where you can set the height of the dropdown list- resize with that control is not supported
Regards/Gruss
Oliver