Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network Level Authentication (NLA) - No setting?
I keep getting a warning when trying to connect to any machine that has NLA enabled.

"The remote computer 'computername' requires Network Level Authentication, which is not enabled in the RDP connection properties."

I've checked the post about confirming NLA is properly configured in the registry (http://forum.visionapp.com/showthread.php?tid=7311) and my settings match those exactly.

The components check section of the app says NLA is supported on my machine as well, yet i still cannot connect to any machines using NLA.

Am i missing something? It says "which is not enabled in the RDP connection properties", i've searched everywhere and i cannot find any setting for NLA in the rdp connection properties.

RDP:
The installed RDP client is fully supported.
Installed version: 6.3.9600 (NLA supported)
Are you using ASG-RD 2015? Then you do not need to hack your registry...

The error tells you that "NLA is not enabled" - in previous versions it was "NLA is not supported"

From which OS version to you try to connect to which OS version? Perhaps you did a wring RDP configuration for your connection!?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Yes, i'm using 2015 Patch 3.

I'm using Windows 8.1 x64 to connect to Server 2012.

What setting could i configure incorrectly to make this happen? That's the part i don't understand, i cannot find any setting relating to NLA on the connection dialogue. If i use mstsc, i can connect without issue to these servers.
Did you add "RDP" under "Roles"?

Then in the navigation goto "RDP=>Connection" - Server authentication
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(13-02-2015, 03:20 PM)DevOma Wrote: Did you add "RDP" under "Roles"?

Then in the navigation goto "RDP=>Connection" - Server authentication

I dont think the issue is server-side, what i'm saying is that i cannot find any option within ASG RD to allow me to use NLA. If i use mstsc to RDP to this server, i can get in just fine; but if I use ASG RD to remote, i get an error about NLA not being supported.

I know i could turn NLA off, but i shouldnt have to. How do i enable ASG RD to connect to NLA enabled servers?

The error reads "The remote computer 'computername' requires Network Level Authentication, which is not enabled in the RDP connection properties." , how do i "enable NLA in the RDP connection properties"?
You misunderstand me - you have to add the Role RDP inside your connecion configuration!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I have that setup at the "Connections" level so that all of my connections have it inherited. I dont typically use connections though, i use Quick Connect. How do i get this to work with Quick Connect? I dont see any roles on any of the quick connect properties.
You should configure the default connection settings - these settings will also be used for QuickConnect - and if you want to configure some specific settings you also can switch in QuickConnct to "Use full connection settings"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver