ASG-RD 2015 - Patch4
Patch4 of ASG-RD 2015 is available.

If you have already installed any ASG-RD 2015 version you need to close your application and then install the Patch4 version. You don't need to uninstall your old version.
Attention: Local files (with password login) will be upgraded because of an migration bug in previous versions.

For Upgrade-Users (from version 2012):
If you want to migrate your data from 2012 version you can do inside a new environment in 2015 - so you could not connect to an old environment (as in the past) - you need to create a new environment and select "Environment=>Upgrade from 2012".

not available - please use the previous or next version

The following ReleaseNotes describes the fixed issues and new features.

For any feedback you can use this sub forum or the main forum of ASG-RD.

Attached Files
.html   ReleaseNotes_DE.html (Size: 899 bytes / Downloads: 68)
.html   ReleaseNotes_EN.html (Size: 848 bytes / Downloads: 150)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hallo,

die neue Version (Patch4) läuft auch nicht.

Die Software startet und meldet ein notwendiges DB Upgrade.
Dem stimme ich zu und das war's.

Entwickelt ihr nach Trial & Error Methode?

Gruß

Jürgen
Where is the disable check for upgrade registry key?

Do I manually create the key? Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASG\RemoteDesktop2015\UpgradeCheck ?
Yes
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
@Jürgen: Wirklich das gleiche Problem mit Patch4? Wir haben es mit mehreren Personen immer und immer wieder alles durchgespielt - kann ich kaum glauben...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hallo Oliver,

ja hat sich immer wieder geschlossen.

Ich muss aber dazusagen, das die alte Patch Version, ich glaube es war die 2 am gestrigen Tage mal wieder einen Absturz hatte.

Danach lies diese sich nicht mehr starten und brachte nur noch Application Error´s.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: ASGRD.exe, Version: 8.0.4770.0, Zeitstempel: 0x54c2a2c6

Darauf habe ich die v4 installiert, Naja und das hat auch nix gebraucht.

Im %Appdata% konnte ich noch sehen, das die settings.xml so um 8Kb groß war.

Also hängt da alles irgendwie zusammen.

Auf meinem Rechner ist aber auch nix normal ....
Frag mal Dieter ....

Gruß

Jürgen
Ich kann mir die Datei gerne mal anschauen - einfach an asg.rd@asg.com schicken - PW per Private Message wenn ein Passwort erforderlich ist...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hallo Oliver,
das bringt ja nix.

a. ist die Datei meist so 2.2MB grob, bei 8KB ist die einfach nur korrupt.
b. ist die Datei schon gelöscht.

vielleicht beim nächsten Mal.

Gruß

Jürgen
Patch 4 - same problem and errors for me - is not working for me - not able to syncronize local database with Active Directory. Rolling back to Patch 2.
wir testen nun schon seit etwa einem Monat die Version 2015 auf ein paar Rechnern.
Zu beginn mit Patch 2 seit gestern auch mit Patch 4.
Ich habe meist 3-4 RDP Verbindungen auf.
RD2015 stürzt beim trennen einer der Verbindungen ohne ersichtlichen Grund einfach ab...
Kann ich irgendwo logging einstellen damit ich euch unterstützen kann den Fehler zu beheben?
Wir benutzen RD ohne SQL und meine Datei ist mit dem Windows Account gesichert.
Gruß
GMan
Mit welcher Meldung erfolgt der Absturz? Ist auf dem Client die neueste RDP-Version installiert? Welches OS?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Windows 7 x64 aktuellste Patche also auch RDP aktuell
Keine spezielle Meldung, reagiert nicht mehr und nach einiger Zeit von Windows die Frage ob ich das Programm beenden will.
Gruß
GMan
please switch to english - thank you
@calimana
I use Windows 7 x64 with newest patches.
I use ASG RD 2015 Patch 4.
I work with 3-5 open RDP Sessions via RD.
When I Logoff from one of them sometimes RD crashes without Special Error message. Just the normal *no response* and getting gray.
Later the *no response, want to close?*
Gruß
GMan
@calimana: I will check again - I can't reproduce your issue and I thought I have found it
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(02-03-2015, 09:59 AM)GMan Wrote: @calimana
I use Windows 7 x64 with newest patches.
I use ASG RD 2015 Patch 4.
I work with 3-5 open RDP Sessions via RD.
When I Logoff from one of them sometimes RD crashes without Special Error message. Just the normal *no response* and getting gray.
Later the *no response, want to close?*

I can confirm this behaviour with a few versions of ASGRD, I think it probably stretches back to 2012 with patches 7 and 8 right up to 2015 patch 3. Very random in nature, some days I'll have 10-15 hosts working ok when I logout and other days it'll happen with just 1 or 2.

Tim
This behaviour usually occurs when logging off from Windows Server 2012 (R2) servers, is our experience. Only solution is to stop ASGRD and restart the application.
Hello Oliver,

I've just upgraded from 2012 to 2015P4 but my licence file doesn't work anymore. I was under the impression that we had a "lifetime" licence file. Has the format of licences been changed or is there something wrong with my licence?

Thank you for your time,

Regards Tom
Every license has a "Maintenance period" (you can see in your application by ?=>About) - if a new release is published and the release date is in your maintenance period you can use the new version and upgrade to that version - else you will need a new one!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

Thank you for your quick reply, I opened the current .XML file for the license and found the following line: <vMaintenanceEnd>30.04.2013</vMaintenanceEnd>

So I guess we need to buy a new license.

A bit off-topic but also a question:
I've also read about a freeware license, but I can't seem to find what the differences are with a fully licensed product, do you know where I can find this?