Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import from AD looking at old trust
Hi Team,

We are trying to do an import of connections from Active directory and we are getting the attached error.

It is trying to look to a domain that we USED to have a trust.
The Trust is gone.
The DNS Forwarders are gone

There is no connection physically to this domain.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Perhaps it is added in "Tools=>Settings=>Domains"??? We are using WinAPI's to get informations about trusted domains - and additionally show the domains that are configured in Options...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
The only domain under that is the correct domain.

The worrying factor is that, that domain is the one we used to have the trust with. The domain that the application is installed on, and the computers running ASG15 are on is showing unreachable.
Very strange - and I don't know why this could happen - we are using some Windows-API-Calls to get informations about Trusted Domains and browsing trusted domains is executed without any addidtional user - only the windows identy that is created during the Login process should be used...

Have to think about that - what could cause this issue...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Any thoughts on this one. It is not allowing us to do AD imports of severs, or user permissions based on AD groups.
What for a user do you use? Did you try with a user of Domain-Administrator-group? Must be a security issue of the domain I think...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Running the elevated mode as a Domain Admin has the same error.
Did ou try to specify your "trusted" domain in the list of untrusted domains? Settings=>Domains...

Because I have no idea what could cause the behavior - never heard this before
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
There are no Trusted Domains anymore. It is a legacy domain (thinking database). The only domain that we have access to is one that is showing error to access. This domain is what the computer and database server is on.
Yes I know - but did you try to specify this domain under "Untrusted Domains" - I do not know what we could try else
Regards/Gruss
Oliver