ASG-RD 2015 - Patch5
It's the right place - we are looking for a public issue tracker but at the moment we do that only internally - I will check this also...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Fixed :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(27-03-2015, 10:39 AM)DevOma Wrote: Fixed :-)
Great :D
I have two problems with ASG 2015 Patch 5.

1) In ASG 2012, I was able to specify a different Active Directory to sync with at each folder level. I have three separate Active Directory child domains with which we need to be able to synchronize (each with unique credentials), but it appears in 2015 the Active Directory item on a Folder only shows "Info" instead of "General". Please fix this. I don't want to have to switch between three separate ASG 2015 databases just to get to all of our environments.

2) After performing an upgrade from our ASG 2012 database, then performing an Active Directory sync from the root "Connection" object in 2015, I'm now seeing duplicates of all my OU's and computer objects for the single tree I'm able to sync. I'm comparing using the defaults as created by the upgrade process, which appear to be using objectSid, with Name mapping Name=>Name; Name=>Destination and Set Delete icon if object does not exist. Synchronize deactivated objects and Synchronize structure are checked. More obnoxious, the objects from my two other trees are now marked as delete when they're still valid. I assume this is a result of 2015 not recognizing these objects are from a different tree and shouldn't be compared.

Let me know if you need screenshots.
Specify the sync information on root connection is not recommended. Please create a sub folkder for each sync you want to perform... If you sync a structure the folder will have only the Info-field (objectSID) - it's not possible to specify sync data on these objects again.

I think you had a structure in 2012 that is not supported in 2015 - I don't know if it was really working in 2012 to specify different sync folders under one root sync?!? Perhaps you have to reorganize some of your folders...?!?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Why do I only see all connections when I add the domain user to the administrator group of VisionApp? When I remove the domain user from the administrator group I see none connections. The user is member of a existing Active Directory group wich is added to VisionApp. In the old 2012 environment it is working fine.

Kind Regards,

Carlo Malipaard
Global-e
(31-03-2015, 11:40 AM)DevOma Wrote: Specify the sync information on root connection is not recommended. Please create a sub folkder for each sync you want to perform... If you sync a structure the folder will have only the Info-field (objectSID) - it's not possible to specify sync data on these objects again.

I think you had a structure in 2012 that is not supported in 2015 - I don't know if it was really working in 2012 to specify different sync folders under one root sync?!? Perhaps you have to reorganize some of your folders...?!?

Yes, I was able to, and it worked just fine on 2012. My 2012 structure looks like this:

Root (Sync with main domain)
-OU
-OU
-OU
-Folder (sync with another domain, different creds)
-Folder (sync with another domain, different creds)

As a user, if I'm upgrading/migrating, I would expect the tool to be smart enough to warn me and/or help me fix it as part of the migration.

This is confusing to me as a user, because I can still assign an Active Directory role to the root and any sub folder, but what that role does changes if there's a parent item already synchronized. If this is working as designed, then I would expect to see a note that the folder I'm examining is underneath another which is already synchronizing, so I'll only see Info.
I would also expect to be warned of this functionality change during migration.
@Global-e: As Administrator you can see the security settings on each object-did you check everything is correct? Do the user see the root object? We added a new option to "Show all root objects to all users" in permission settings (like in 2012)-is this checked?

@thedoc31: You're right - but if nobody (of us) expect this configuration we can't warn you... sorry

@all: Would be nice for new issues to create a new thread so it's easier to answer- thanks
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Include ASG-RD 2015 Patch5 all other patches?
Yes
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
When selecting multiple servers to connect to, the tabs are opened in a random order.

For example if i open:

Test001
Test002
Test003
Test004
Test005

Selecting Test001 and finishing with Test005 they will open in an unsorted order

Can we have this in a sorted order?

regards,

Damian
Will be fixed in the next patch...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,
I'm trying to change the default value for users so that they use passthrough authentication when logging into ASG. (Tools > Settings > User specific > Application > Default Values > check 'Pass-through authentication')

When I check this box, the Default Values still show as 'Not defined'. This does seem to change the option for the current logged in user, but not other users of the database.
Thanks.
Yes, there are "some" values that are stored in a local profile file - we have to modify the UI for that - Pass Through is one of the properties that are stored locally because the value is needed before the user is logged into the environment...

Only chance is to "publish" the profile.xml file to your users - %AppData%\Roaming\ASG-RemoteDesktop\8.0
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thanks for the reply. In the end I used the command line options for the shortcut which we deploy to users in our terminal server environment.

It would be good if the values which you cannot set defaults for were greyed out.

Thanks for your help.
I would like to have a command line option to "Do not check for Updates". This is specially when Publishing ASG in a Terminal Server Environment where useres do not have Access to perform updates themselves.
Dear developers,
I have upgraded ASG-RD from 2012 to 2015, I have also installed Patch5.
Now I have a strange behaviour while pressing the "right click button" on keyboard.
2 propety pop-up windows appear.
Are there any settings to disable local pop-up?
Please see screenshots.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes, known issue - we try to fix asap
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
We are still on ASG-RD 2012 but five Patches later and people are still reporting problems keeps me from testing. Any ETA for the new version?

You said on the last two pages a lot of bugs in P6 will be fixes, when will this version be ready?
Planned for end of next week- perhaps some days later, need some testing spefically on Permission problems
Regards/Gruss
Oliver