Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credentials inheritance does not work
Hello All,

I have recently upgraded from VisionApp 2011 to ASG 2015 patch 5 (8.0.4819.0).
I succesfully ran through the migration procedure (upgrade to 2012 and then migrate to 2015).

However, I have an issue in ASG when trying to open a connection using RDP.
It does connect but I get a windows login prompt for entering the server credentials.

The connection I use is stored in a sub-folder in the ASG navigation tree.
This sub-folder itself has my personal credentials set.
The connection itself is set to inherit the credentials from this sub-folder.

The strange thing is that the credentials do work for this connection when I do this:
- Open the properties for this connection
- Then click on Credentials
- Then click on "Inherited Values"
- Then click ESC
(so in fact I only look at the settings and not actually saving/changing anything).

It seems to me that ASG does not read the inherited credentials settings properly.
After "looking" at the settings it is able to read it, and then all works fine.

This problem always re-occurs after closing and re-opening ASG.
Note that I never had this issue in VisionApp 2011.

Any idea why this is happening?
To me it looks like inheritance for credentials does not work.

Greetings, Mark
Well, it seems that reading the manual helps Smile

What I did not know was, that in a connection object you actually select which values to use (default, personal or inhirited).
So the select "Tab" is the actual setting you will use.

If you ask me, the user-interface in VisionApp 2011 is better, but glad I found the solution for the problem I was having...
Ok - but the new interface give you some new posibilities to configure - you can merge a lot of settings by using it on a folder level and inherit these settings to all your connections - and for database users it was very important to configure some personal settings and do not overwrite settings from other users - that the reason for the UI redesign
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello,

i am having the same problem after migrating from 2012 to 2015.
Computers are grouped in different Folders and for every Folder i configured personal login information.
But after Migration to 2015 ASG is using the inherited Login Information.
I need to configure all folders properties and select the personal Login Information TAB.
So far this works but it's a little bit circumstantial as it must be done by every user and for every Folder.
Ist it possible to change this in general so ASG will use personal Login Information when available ?
I dind't find a configuration option for this.

Regards,
StefanM
I can try to solve it via SQL statement - what exactly should be updated?

Assigned credentials on folder - set usage for all users to "Use Personal properties" if personal properties exists? Is that right?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
> Assigned credentials on folder - set usage for all users to "Use Personal properties" if personal properties exists? Is that right?

Yes, that is what we need.

Regards,
StefanM
Hello,

> Assigned credentials on folder - set usage for all users to "Use Personal properties" if personal properties exists? Is that right?

I installed Patch 6 today.
Afterwards I migrated the 2012er Database a second time.
But ASG RD is still not using personal Login Information as defined in the 2012er Database.
ASG RD 2015 Setting for Login Settings on als Folders is inherited Login Information instead.

Has this been solved ?

Regards,
Stefan
I thought yes - we could reproduce and fixed it - but if it is not working it seems to something different. It is possible to get your database for testing? A backup of the 2012 database - then I could test and perhaps send you the right database back or publish a private patch that solves this issue...

You could send it to "asg.rd@asg.com" - or send a download link...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello,

I solved the problem by migrating 2012 database to a new 2015 database.

Regards,
Stefan