Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credentials settings not applied for certain users
Question 
We have issues with credentials settings not applying correctly to connections.

Ex:

User 1 has full rights to a connection and a credential and puts in the credential specifically for the object (which normally inherits from the folder-level).

User 2 checks the connection object and sees that it STILL inherits the credentials. User 2 verifies that it has usage rights for both the specific connection and specific credential object. Tried restarting/refreshing application but nothing seems to correct this.

How can we get help troubleshooting this?
I reproduced your issue...

The user should be able to modify active category from "Inherited values" to "Default values" - seems to be the problem if User2 open the connection and click OK - then it saves the current state "Use Inherited values"

We have to discuss how to solve this - how to determine if Administrator wants to set active value for himself only or or all...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I am not sure if its the same issue.

User 2 cant change anything on the connection object (because of permissions) and only sees the value that is inherited, no matter what user 1 selects (default, inherited or personal).

What is default really supposed to do in this scenario?
I think there is a little design issue - default/standard is the value/the settings that are available for all users - but the selection is stored for each user - so we discussed that and have several scenarios - perhaps we need not only the personal selection for each user - it must be possible to set selection of "Default/Inherit/Personal" for all users like an Administrators choice - we will support a solution for that with the next patch-planned within the next 2 weeks...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
To confirm - this patch would fix this situation:

Everyone who logs in is getting "personal values" as their default credential setting, instead of "default values"...right? That is the problem I'm currently having and do not know how to solve.
Yes it will solve this - I know what's going wrong
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Wondering if you have any timeframe on this release - I cannot deploy this to my team without this functioning properly. Thanks!
Planned for today :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver