Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG-RD 2015 - Patch5 - Protocol Error 3334
receiving this error when using ASG-RD 2015 Patch5 "protocol error (Return code: 3334)" but when I use MS RDP I can connect with no issues.
Any updates on this issue? It has been a nuisance in ASG-2012, but now is absolutely terrible in 2015.
I read some articles from microsoft - and it seems to be a problem of the ActiveX control - mostly it should appear when connecting to Win2012/R2 or Win8/8.1 machines - then there are some limits (I read many post from different users - sometimes it appears at the second or third, others say on 5th or 6th) - we are using the latest version of RDP-ActiveX - but the problem still is not fixed by MS!?!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(21-04-2015, 09:42 AM)DevOma Wrote: I read some articles from microsoft - and it seems to be a problem of the ActiveX control - mostly it should appear when connecting to Win2012/R2 or Win8/8.1 machines - then there are some limits (I read many post from different users - sometimes it appears at the second or third, others say on 5th or 6th) - we are using the latest version of RDP-ActiveX - but the problem still is not fixed by MS!?!

Are you saying that the issue is a microsoft issue? If so, why does remote desktop continue to function and not give the error? Is there any potential fix for this? I've found that it seems to be related to memory use - sometimes I will get lucky and get 5 or 6, other times only 3. Typically if I close a connection to a 2012 server, I can establish a connection to another. But in every instance, remote desktop works every time. This is becoming an increasingly difficult problem to work around and we have a country license. We may have to find new software if this isn't resolved soon as our 2012 server base is growing.
I will contact Microsoft (developer support) and will ask how this could be solved... will take some days
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
i had the same Problem. You can check this link:

https://mremoteng.atlassian.net/browse/MR-582

editbin /LARGEADDRESSAWARE "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASG-Remote Desktop 2015\ASGRD.exe"

it works for me. Maybe a hint for the developers.
We do that for a very long time in the automated build process... so the exe files are already flagged with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
upsi, I was to fast... i still have the problem.

I played around a litte bit and found out, that this happened on the 7th connection to a windows 2012R2-Server. The first 6 can be opened the same time, with the 7th i get the 3334-Error-Message. I'm using Patch6 on a 32bit Win7-Installation.

MS had the same problem with the RDCM. It was solved with an update to 2.7

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/For...inserverTS
I started a support call at MS - and I hope I will get an answer this week...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Any word on this? I begin using a different application from remoting, but I much prefer ASG.
We have an official "Microsoft Case" opened - we will get an answer soon
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
At the moment it seems to be the only way to solve this to have a native 64bit application - but that's not an easy way as we use some other components that are not available for 64bit...

We reeched now the "Escalation Engineer" (third step in the support process) who has direct contact to the Product Groups in Redmond - I think I will get an answer next week...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
We got some hints from MS to minimize the memory consumption - will be implemented for the next patch planned for this week - hope we could increase the functionallity this way :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver