Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connections and Sync to more than one connection type
I just test v2015. Sadly I cannot migrate from 2011, so I have to rebuild by hand.

I made several connections: AD, VMWare and so on.
When I sync them everything else is overwritten (with no warning, which should be a NoGo!). I want sub folders in my connections (or more Connections trees) where I can sync to AD AND VMWare AND the other nixe options. Is this possible? I guess most have more than one environment to work with and want to mix AD, VMs and Hardware Servers of all kind.
Migration from 2011 is only possible by a step by step migration - first to 2012 - afterwards to 2015

Sync with different source systems to one folder/tree is currently not supported (or will have some side effects) - but it is on the feature list to ensure better results if syncing against multiple systems

At the moment you should use different folders for each sync source system...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(15-05-2015, 10:45 AM)DevOma Wrote: At the moment you should use different folders for each sync source system...

I tried that too but in a folder this options are greyed out
Goto the properties of this folder - select the "role" on the left side - then choose "Default Values" instead of "Inherited Values" at the top of the dialog - now you are able to edit the properties - "Inherit" is always the default, but you can always select "Default" to edit the values on this object
Regards/Gruss
Oliver