Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unhandled Exception
Hello,

Using application on an RDS server

Receive below error, when trying to right click on any Connection. I have removed all Connection and created an empty one, but same thing happens.

Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Could you post the error details? I guess you are using a file environment? Could you try to create a new file environment? Seems to be a corrupted one that you are currently using...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello Oliver,

We are using a SQL database to store the information. I don't can't see any other error than the one attached
If you open the error log you will find some more details...

Are you the only user who gets this error?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello,

Everyone, except one person is getting this error. I have the same permission as the one it is working for.

Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

---------------------------

at CloudAdminCommon.PlugInBase.BuildConnectExtAppMenu(ButtonItem startButtonItem, IBaseItem startBaseItem)
at CloudAdminCommon.PlugInBase.GetPlugInNodeTypeExtensionMenus(IBaseItem item)
at CloudAdminCommon.Access.PlugInAccessor.GetExtensionMenuItemsForNode(IBaseItem item, Control sourceControl)
at CloudAdminConsole.MainForm.buttonItemStandardEdit_PopupOpen(Object sender, PopupOpenEventArgs e)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItem.OnPopupOpen(PopupOpenEventArgs e)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItem.PopupMenu(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean verifyScreenPosition)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItem.PopupMenu(Int32 x, Int32 y)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItem.Popup(Int32 x, Int32 y)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItem.Popup(Point p)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ContextMenuBar.ᡃ(Object ط, MouseEventArgs ظ)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at DevComponents.AdvTree.AdvTree.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Are you using the latest version of ASG-RD 2015 - I remember this issue in one of the previous patch versions
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I can't reproduce at the moment - but it seems to be a test database so the easiest way would be to backup your database (using MSSQL Management Studio) and send it to asg.rd@asg.com - and please add a link to this thread - then I will test with your data (and hope I will get the same error)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello,

I have sent you the database file now.
Yes I got it and will have a look asap...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Please execute the following command

UPDATE Items SET UserId = '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000', Private = 0 WHERE ItemId = '547f8066-bb00-45c0-85b7-98b4f73b9477'

I don't know how that could happen (I have to examine later) - but the Ext. App. item was "Private" and that caused the error - must be something in Export/Import
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thank you it is working now :-)