Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RDP Connection Settings Not Saving
Question 
Hello again, everyone.

I am trying to modify the top-level RDP connection settings so I do not receive a certificate warning when connecting to a new server.

I choose "Connect and don't warn me" from the drop-down and check to Disable CredSSP. However, when I click OK, the settings just disappear. If I go back into the properties of the "Connections" top-level folder, it is still set to "Warn me" and having CredSSP enabled.

I have tried on folders below the top-level, as well, and the settings still don't stick.

Any thoughts?
Are you using the latest version of ASG-RD? I trried myself and had no problems - but I can remember that this was an issue in the first version of ASG-RD 2015...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(27-05-2015, 12:11 PM)DevOma Wrote: Are you using the latest version of ASG-RD? I trried myself and had no problems - but I can remember that this was an issue in the first version of ASG-RD 2015...

I'm using 8.0.4872.0.

[Image: TZOpu4v.png]
Ok, it is the latest version... and I tried in file and database mode - both are working for me...

So step by step - you open the Properties dialog of a folder (should be no difference if it is the root one or not)

Which button at the top is marked / highlighted? Standard / Inherites / Personal Values ???

Then you choose some options like "Disable CredSSP" or "Do not warn me" - click OK (will close the dialog). Open the properties of the same folder switch back to RDP=>Connection and then you do not see your settings?

Could you switch between "Standard / Inherited / Personal" after you set some properties to see if the values are kept for each category?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(27-05-2015, 03:02 PM)DevOma Wrote: Ok, it is the latest version... and I tried in file and database mode - both are working for me...

I am in file mode in case that matters.

Quote:So step by step - you open the Properties dialog of a folder (should be no difference if it is the root one or not)

Yes, I right-click the root-level folder named "Connections" and click on "Properties..." I then click on "Connection" under "RDP". In the screenshot below, I have changed the values.

[Image: RhKaFpI.png]

Quote:Which button at the top is marked / highlighted? Standard / Inherites / Personal Values ???

I only see "Default Values" and "Inherited Values" in my window. I do not see a "Personal Values". Should this appear?

Quote:Then you choose some options like "Disable CredSSP" or "Do not warn me" - click OK (will close the dialog). Open the properties of the same folder switch back to RDP=>Connection and then you do not see your settings?

Yes, if I click OK and then re-open the Properties dialog, the settings have reverted to their default values.

Quote:Could you switch between "Standard / Inherited / Personal" after you set some properties to see if the values are kept for each category?

I cannot switch between "Default Values" and "Inherited Values" in this instance because "Inherited Values" is greyed out (since it is a root-level folder).

I did switch between settings pages, though. If I change the settings, click to another page such as "Resources", and switch back, the settings have reverted.
Ok, "Personal Values" category is only visible in multi-user mode (database)

I had it once right now - and I guess it is something with "Default Connection Parameter" - if you choose the same one as the default ones it seems to be equal and that's why the data is not saved

Could you please try to check all boxes and click ok again - after opening the properties again you should see under "Default Values" - Data exists - and then all changes should be saved - I will check that in the code how to prevent this issue...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Now I see that the "Equals" function didn't include the authentication field... but the data will only be saved if there are differences...

Wow - checked again - and the "Disable Cred SSP" was compared to another field - will be fixed in the next version :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Your workaround was successful in allowing me to save the changes. Thank you very much, and I look forward to Patch 7.