Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation & Configuration issues
Hi All,

I am trying to move the database to a new server. I presume you have to install the VisionApp onto the new server and then export/import.

I downloaded the complete version of VisionApp including SQL Express and installed it on new server. After the installation is finished, I don't see any SQL entries in the startup menu nor SQL gets installed the program files folder.

I did confirm that I downloaded with version WITH SQL from the VisionApp website. Am I missing something?

Could someone provide feedback as to what is happening?

Thanks.
"With SQL Express" means that the SQL-Express-Setup is also installed and you are able to install MS SQL Express when setup a database...

If you want to copy a database you should use backup and restore of MS SQL - backup it on your old server and restore it on your new server - then add a new environment on your client and choose "Connect to an existing database" - type if your sql connection info and it should run...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(08-06-2015, 09:48 PM)DevOma Wrote: "With SQL Express" means that the SQL-Express-Setup is also installed and you are able to install MS SQL Express when setup a database...

If you want to copy a database you should use backup and restore of MS SQL - backup it on your old server and restore it on your new server - then add a new environment on your client and choose "Connect to an existing database" - type if your sql connection info and it should run...

Thanks DevOma.

When I try to add a database, the option is grayed out for "Create a new Microsoft SQL Express instance including a database"?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Yes, sorry - we had a little installation script error in the latest version- goto your program files folder => ASG-Remote Desktop 2015 - sub dir "XulRunner" - there you will find the sqlexpress-sub dir - this directory must be moved one folder up to the main "installation folder" - this will be fixed in the next patch - the option is only available if this sub dir is located in the installation folder - so close the app, open again and the option should be available
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thanks. I am able to now install and create a new database. I had to buy a new license and installed it and it is working.

Now the backup and restore....I went to the old server and tried looking for SQL Management Studio but could not find it anywhere in the start menu or in the SQL directory. The same thing on the new server..Management Studio is nowhere to be found.

I am not sure why SQL Management Studio is not there. Maybe it is a customized install of SQL?

Could you please advise how to backup the database and restore it on the new server without having access to SQL Management Studio?

Thanks again.
Management Studio is not part of SQL Express - but it is also free and can be downloaded on MS site

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download...px?id=7593

Without Management Studio it won't work...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver