Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
credentials lost after upgrading from 2012 to 2015
Hi

I've just upgraded from 2012 to 2015 and my groups connection settings are there but all their private credentials seem to have disappeared.

Can anyone explain what I've missed.

thanks
Dave
Hi

Some additional info is that my private credentials are fine.

Also if I right click on credentials, goto properties and select security I can see all my assigned security groups which all have full control over Standard (private objects).

Hope this helps.
Thanks
Dave
Which version (build number) do you used for Upgrade? Latest patch?

Are all users login with the same account settings as in 2012?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Oliver

I used patch 7 (version 8.0.4916.1) for the upgrade and all users are logging in with the same credentials as before.

Thanks
David
Just noticed something else, if I give a group read access to public credentials they can see their private credentials from 2012.
Are the creds are really private (after the upgrade)? I will try to reproduce this issue and come back to you...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
yes as I can only see my private credentials, not everyone elses
I think I can reproduce it - may we fixed something else and get this as a new bug...

I will check it in the code and try to fix asap...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
thank you

I'll wait for your update

David
I think I found the solution - the data is correctly migrated - but we add a new security setting...

Goto your Permissions (on object level) - Select your user group => Standard (Public objects) - Set "Edit (Personal data)"

Then your users are allowed to use "the personal tab" - and only then the data will be shown and used :-)

Hope this solution helps :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thanks Oliver

I am now in and all my groups can now see their old private credentials, I must say the old permissions were a lot easier Smile.

I have another issue, where by when I right click and try to add to favourites, an unhandled exception pops up but I can carry on working fine.

thanks
David
Security changed not at all - some litte new settings :-)

Yes, we found this issue - you can easily fix it with an SQL-Statement - else it will be fixed with the next version...

UPDATE Items Set NodeTypeId = '0C754856-E7D5-4620-8EED-DBC9279956D1' WHERE ItemId = 'DD8F83D8-5F59-4F4D-A164-71D47FD8ABF2'
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
OK Thanks Oliver