Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgrade 2010->2012->2015P8
hi ,

I've tried this on an other server without any problem.But that was 2015P5.
upgrade from 2010/2011 to 2012 gives no problem.

Now I try this with 2015P7 I get an error at importing.
Both times I've noticed there is no "settings.xml' file but a "profile.xml"
so I start the wizzard, change "c:\users\...\settings.xml" to "c:\users\...\profile.xml" and click next then I get the error "Datasource could not be opened. the upgrade was cancelled"

Is there a way to make a settings file or config file in 2012 ?

tried to install a previous version 2015P5 and P1 but those hang at start so installed the P7 again.
Start version 2012 and run Components Check - there you will find the location of your settings file
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi components check says my settings.xml should be in the default location.
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\visionapp\vRD 2012\settings.xml"
but when I look there I only see my profile.xml.
I have changed the folder options to show all files including system files and show extensions (the latter I find the most absurd default option MS ever invented, so I always change that on every system)

So I'm still stuck on the same point.

in previous test I could do this with the vrd.config, but now there is no profile to select from Sad
on the production server and on my PC there is also no settings.xml to be found (2010 version there).
Try to open the file directly - just copy the location in explorer or iexlorer - if it there it should open the file
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
hi Olivier,

that is the whole problem the file is just not there.
I've done a system wide search on c:\
and the only settings.xml files I found were those of Visual studio, SQL management and ASG remote desktop 8.0 (the new version).
Yes i've changed the explorer settings to see hidden and system files.

I even created a settings.xml file on that location with nothing in it and one with total rubbish in it in the hope the program would make a correct one. But the programs starts fine and leaves this file alone.

At my previous attempt this was the same, but then I could use the vrd.config file. but now when I select that option, I can use the file , but there is no profile available in the drop down, it stays blank.

Still the 2012 version works and I can open connections , credentials.

Is there really no other way to make such an XML ?
what should be in there ? so I could manually make one ?
First - if you can run 2012 there must be a datasource - do you perhaps use a database instead of a file? If the file really is not on your system how is it possible that version 2012 can load data from it???

Why you want to create an empty one - there will no valid data in it - so you can't migrate anything using an empty file - then you also can create a new file environment with 2015 and start from scratch...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Yes we use a database connection.
But I want to upgrade the datebase from 2012 to 2015.
Still I need a file to start the conversion.
but I have no valid option.

I don't want to create an empty file, just make a new one manually.

in C:\ProgramData\visionapp\vRD 2012\vrd.config
i have this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<connectionStrings>
<add name="vCC:vapp" connectionString="server=xxxx\vapp;uid=vapp;pwd=xxxx;database=vapp"
providerName="Database" />
</connectionStrings>
</configuration>

but selection the upgrade from config option , I have no profile in the drop down to choose from.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok - you always talking about files - but if you don't use a file there is no file :-)

Did you create a new database with version 2015? And there you have to start the upgrade process - if you use a local file only "old file data sources" will be dispalyed - same with database - when you run "Upgrade" from a 2015 database you only will see your old databases to migrate!

I hope that is the problem - so create a new database - choose "Upgrade" again - if you can't select your old database you can just type in the connection to your old database - but I guess you will see it...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
hi sry for this misunderstanding.

The upgrade is almost done now.
but each time I now log on I get 2 times an SQL error.
"an eror occured on executing an sql statement
LogsRemoveByDaysAndCount"

For now i have removed the option to delete the logs, So the error doesn't longer show.
But it still takes minutes before we can actually do something.
Ok, great to hear that you have run the migration successful - with too huge amount of log data there is an issue on the new version- we have to check that again and do not load as mich data as we are doing at the moment...

There is only one way - kill you logs and try to set options to automatically delete the logs afterwards

TRUNCATE Logs (must be executed on the database with MS SQL Management Studio)

would remove all log data - I will check that for the next version if there is a way to load a minimum set of the logs at start time...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver