Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SQL Permissions
Hi
We are using ASG RD Patch 7 with a SQL instance on a separate server.

Please can you advise what SQL permissions users require to connect to the database, be able to create/manage connections etc.?

Thanks
Have a look into the help file => Working with environments => Working with database => Necessary permissions on SQL server instance
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

According to the manual db_datareader permission are only required during eval time. We imported our license key into ASG-RD 2015, but still all users require db_datareader rights to be able to login to the application. Is this a bug? We configured the permission as described in the manual. We are running ASG-RD 2015 Patch7.

Best regards,

Roland.
Should not be needed - which sql version do you use - I configured that myself and wrote it afterwards to the online help - and it worked with no db_* permissions - only GRANT for "Connect" and "Execute"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
We're running SQL Server 2012 SP2. We're using Active Directory integrated login. The database was upgraded from ASG-RD 2012.
Just tested it with SQL 2012 - if I only give the user the right "Connect" I can't login - when I GRANT "Execute" I can login and everything works fine... No db_* configuration - only public else you can't set permissions for that database/user combination
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Now I got an error accessing the Logs - don't know what is the difference - but I will update the documentation to "GRANT" also "Select"
Regards/Gruss
Oliver