Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG-2015p7 slow to startup after upgrade from ASG-2012
Hi, I'm Fabio. We have a little problem after the migration from ASG-2012 to ASG-2015 patch 7 with external DB. ASG is also published as Citrix appliacation on Xenapp 6.5 rollhup 5.
We have around 10.000 objects ( connections, credentials etc etc ) and we noticed that after the migration the ASG-2015 starts quickly as citrix applications but is very very slow to load all the enviroment. Only after 3/4 minutes the menĂ¹ from grayed becomes "black" and usable...
My DBA colleague says that at every session / application startup the entire DB ( connection, password, data item ) need to be decrypted. On ASG-2012 only the password were encrypted.
So, is the decrypting operation multithread? ( we have multi core server ).
There is a way to see because is too slow to startup. From our internal test this is not due to Citrix framework and DB.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi,

the whole data is not really encrypted - but serialized...

The new version has a new architecture - and with a huge database you should try to optimize your data to avoid unnecessary data... we will implement some performance booster in one of the next versions...

In 2015 you can "inherit" all data from every level to its childs - and you are able to store only the data you really need - but the migration can't see which data is used and so all data was migrated to all objects... I give you an example - if you do not need to specify VNC or SSH data, you deselect these roles on any folder - and you are able to remove the data that is stored in the database - if you like to use same data for a bunch of connections you can save it on a folder level and inherit the data to all childs - with that architecture it is possible to reduce the data amount to a minimum and of course to easy maintain your data because you need to change only once instead on each connection.

Please have a look into "MultiEdit" - there are options to delete "Personal data", "Standard Data" and to remove "Roles" - Also you can set a bunch of connections to use "Inherited data" instead of using it on each object...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

thank you very much for your reply. We already deselected unused feature like roles etc. and use the inherit feature where possible, but the latency is always present. I hope in a boost option / feature on next version / patch.
As told we manage a big number of hosts, credentials etc. and have 50/60 concurrently istances of ASG-2015 running on Citrix, so it's very important for us have a responsive and usable application.
Oliver thanks again for yor answer.
Best regards,

Fabio.