Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hyper-V / VMware Remote Console Support
Hello,

it would be very helpflu to have VMWare Remote Console Support. For every VM there exists a link to the remote console to open in the browser.

Regards,
Georg
If you sync your VMware Environment you can connect to Console on each synced connection object with integrated Control...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
That does not solve the Problem for us.

If you sync against VMWare on Folder Level the Resulting Connections are RDP Connections.

We need VMWare Remote Console Connections, cause we have to use a lot of Customer VPN-Connections, that don't work if RDP-Sessions are used.

We used to have a solution using an https connection calling the vsphere client via Browser, but since our last VMware Update this does not work anymore.

So now it might work via "external Applications", but I do not exactly how yet.

So any Hint would be appreciated :-)
If you sync against VM you can find in in context menu of each Connection "VMware" - and there you can easily connect to a console Connection via ActiveX
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
... is this also possible with Hyper-V-Console?

Regards,
Georg
No there is no console session like VMware has - this was implemented in an early Version of HyperV but MS removed that functionality
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
But, MS offers VMM console or Hyper-V console to connect to VMs.
To sync ASG Remote Desktop with Hyper-V Hosts, I had to enter the hostname of VMM Management server. Now when I right-click on the VM and select "Administration (Hyper-V), I can start, stop and restart the VMs running on the Hyper-V hosts that are managed by this VMM management server, but there is no possibility to connect to console as it is for synced VMs of VMware.
Does ASG Remote Desktop not support the Microsoft VMM Console ?

Thanks & regards,
Nils
There is no ActiveX from HyperV that can be included - you can try to start VMM-console via ext. app.
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/ind...hyperv.htm
... the competitor not sleeps. This tool can do it.
Should be a feature for the next patch - whenever it comes.

Regards,
Georg
No "Console session" - only RDP the HyperV Server...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
... did you try this out? It supports the MS Enhanced Session Mode.
MS also have this feature in their Remote Desktop Manager, see here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=44989
... but this even does not support VMWare.
Hi, I just tried the trial of Dovolutions Remote Desktop Manager.
Added New Entry -> Session -> Virtualization -> Hyper-V Console, then configured by entering hostname of Hyper-V host and credentials.
It is working fine: All VMs running on the host are listed, connection via console is possible and other functions like start, reboot, shutdown even snapshot management are available.

Can you add this feature to ASG Remote Desktop in next version ?

Reagrds,
Nils
I forwarded to the rensponsible developer - will try to add more asap...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
We will implement for the next Version :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver