Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing default connection properties
We keep losing settings in the default connection properties area. In particular, the RDP-> server authentication settings (connect and don't warn me) and the RDP -> resources option - Apply windows key combination (on the remote computer).

Is this a bug or a configuration setting we have missed?

Which Version (build number) do you use - I know there was a bug when saving the data - with latest Version this bug should be solved - you can check any other property like "Connect to console" to ensure the settings are saved - and then save again unchecking this property
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I are using version 8.0.4958.0 (2015 patch 8).

The settings sometimes save for the next time you open the application but then if you open the application again later, sometimes the setting reverts back.

I suspect it may have something to do with the multi-user environment we have. Are default connection properties shared by all users of the same database or are they linked to the installation on a specific pc?
Hi all,

I have the same behaviour with the personal credential setting in the root folder ("Connections").
This setting also gets lost after a few restarts of the application. No logic found when the setting disappears...

Also using ASGRD 2015 patch 8.
We fixed some issues regarding those issues - but it seems to be another Problem - we try to analyse it asap...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Is there a target date for fixing this bug?
Try to publish in the next 2 weeks...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
It's been 3 months and this issue is still not resolved, any news?
Ok, found the thread

Can you send me your database backup? asg.rd@asg.com
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(13-12-2015, 11:26 PM)DevOma Wrote: Ok, found the thread

Can you send me your database backup? asg.rd@asg.com

Was this issue ever resolved in a more recent patch or version of ASG. We are considering moving to ASG 2016 but are holding off this purchase unless we know the issue is fixed.
Same situation - there is nobody else who had this issue and we never could reproduce it - so I asked for the database but get no response... but as long as we do not know what is going wrong we won't be able to fix it...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(09-08-2016, 08:46 AM)DevOma Wrote: Same situation - there is nobody else who had this issue and we never could reproduce it - so I asked for the database but get no response... but as long as we do not know what is going wrong we won't be able to fix it...

Can I send you a copy of our database to investigate this issue? We are now running ASG 2016.
Yes sure - please send to asg.rd@asg.com and add a link to this thread
Regards/Gruss
Oliver