Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG2012 & 2015 weird problem with 4k Monitor
Hello Support-Forum,

I've got a weird problem with my new 4k monitors and ASG2012 and 2015 and Windows7. The monitors have a resolution of 3840x2160 each and I have set the textzoom to 150%. Now the ASG2012 and 2015 show some weird behaviors.

1. Whey I connect to an allready open (but disconnected) rdp-session, the left 66% of the opened session are not clickable. But the session is not dead. I can see the tooltips from the mousecursor, when I move over some elements. The right side (33%) of the screen/session acts normal.

2. When I connect to a session, which was logged off before, everything is fine. And I can use the whole screen/session.

3. I have aranged the ASG window on the right monitor in fullscreenmode. The "Overview"-Tab in the top left corner shows my current sessions, but the icon of every session shows not the session self. The sessionicon shows the right side of my left(!) monitor, the connection list from ASG and a littlebit from the session.

does anyone has ever encountered this issue?

greets

Rular

config:
Windows7 Pro
2x Dell P2715Q
resolution 3840x2160 each
nvidia fx580 and AMD R7 250/Intel HD 4600
I have to check that...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hey Oliver,

any news on that? Where you able to reproduce this issue?

regards

rular
Not yet - but we try to reproduce and fix for the next patch...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Same problem here after change to 4k monitor.

ASG2015
Monitor-res.: 3840x2160
Gra.: Nvidia GTX 960 with latest driver
Scaling: 150%
Hallo zusammen,

ich versuche es mal auf deutsch.
Seit ich meinen defekten Monitor durch einen 4K Monitor ersetzt habe, ist ASG2015 bei mir unbrauchbar. Es wie rular es beschreibt - keine Funktion im linken Bereich des Desktops, weder das Windows Startmenü, noch Desktop Icons lassen sich im RDP-Client anklicken, wenn zuvor eine Sitzung getrennt wurde.
Ich muss erst umständlich über Windows RDP den angemeldeten Benutzer vom Client abmelden, um mich dann wieder per ASG2015 mit voller Funktionalität anmelden zu können.
Das ist bei vielen Servern sehr umständlich, da z.B. beim Admin alles neu geöffnet werden muss (Hyper-V Konsole, Ereignisanzeige, Windows Sicherung u.s.w.). Wenn man das bei mehreren Servern machen muss, ist das schon stressig.

Kurz - ASG 2015 ist bei UHD-Auflösung mit 150% Schriftgrad unter Win7 nicht nutzbar.

Wäre schön wenn ihr euch das Problem mal ansehen würdet.

Gruß u. Dank, DonQuichote
Sorry for the delay :-) I've already asked (my company) for a 4k monitor - still in progress - but without I can't reproduce - hopefully I will get one asap to check and fix that issue...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I use the screenshot function a lot while RDP-ing to servers for documentation purposes. Unfortunately, on a 4K screen, the screenshots are messed up and useless. I tried both ASG-RD 2012 and 2015, both have the same problem.

Can you please fix this?
UHD monitor is on the way - I will try to reproduce the issues asap and hopefully fix it with next version
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Screenshot function is fixed...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Nice to hear DevOma, when will there be a new patch available with this fix? I have ASG-RD 2012.
There will be no patch for 2012 - will be part of next main release - version 2016 - planned for Mid of April!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
@ruler & DonQuichote:

I'm using my 4k monitor for some weeks now - Overview function will work as it should with next release... (same issue like screenshot)

With RDP sessions I didn't have the same result - if I leave my computer for a while and logon again - I have problems with the active RDP connection - but only the one that is active in ASG-RD - this is mostly useless - but I can reconnect and everything works fine - never had issue like 66% is not clickable...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(24-03-2016, 09:37 AM)DevOma Wrote: @ruler & DonQuichote:

I'm using my 4k monitor for some weeks now - Overview function will work as it should with next release... (same issue like screenshot)

With RDP sessions I didn't have the same result - if I leave my computer for a while and logon again - I have problems with the active RDP connection - but only the one that is active in ASG-RD - this is mostly useless - but I can reconnect and everything works fine - never had issue like 66% is not clickable...
I am encountering the same (or similar) issue.  Dual 4K monitors, both portrait, 2160x3840.  However, I have not been able to nail down the exact conditions under which the screen is unresponsive.  Standard RDP client is fine.  I also use 150% fonts.
Hi Bernardo8,

Are you using the latest version of ASG-RD2016 (9.0.5385.0 = patch4) ? We implemented some fixes in newer 2016 versions regarding 4K session.
Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
(18-10-2016, 03:39 PM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi Bernardo8,

Are you using the latest version of ASG-RD2016 (9.0.5385.0 = patch4) ?  We implemented some fixes in newer 2016 versions regarding 4K session.
Best regards,
Michael

Yes, I'm afraid so.
(26-10-2016, 10:44 PM)Bernardo8 Wrote:
(18-10-2016, 03:39 PM)Michael Scholz Wrote: Hi Bernardo8,

Are you using the latest version of ASG-RD2016 (9.0.5385.0 = patch4) ?  We implemented some fixes in newer 2016 versions regarding 4K session.
Best regards,
Michael

Yes, I'm afraid so.

Incidentally, I don't have the problem when I use the built-in MS RDP Client.