Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 client up against a 2012 database
I have downloaded and installed the 2015 version of the Remote Desktop client. When I have connected with previous client versions, the database was automatically upgraded to support the new client. However, when I connect to a 2012 VisionApp database with the 2015 client, I am not prompted to upgrade the database, and the connection fails. The initial test is succesful, but the configuration does not work when I try to connect. I am SYSADMIN on the SQL server, and have assigned myself all possible rights on the database.
Please see attached document with screen shots.

SQL Server 2008 R2
I can connect with ASG-Remote Desktop 7.3.4144.0
I cannot connect with ASG-remote Desktop 8.0.4958.0

Attached Files
.docx   New VisionApp client.docx (Size: 369.66 KB / Downloads: 111)
As in documentation described - you Need to create a new Environment in Version 2015 and choose "File=>Upgrade from 2012"... It's a complete new data architecture and the initial upgrade must be sone as described - afterwards it will be handled like in 2012 :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thank you very much, Oliver. A final question: Where do I use the ""File=>Upgrade from 2012"" option? I believe we just used the client last time, and that would automatically upgrade the DB. However, I don't see any options for this?
It's a menu entry in ASG-RD 2015
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I had to create a new, empty database before I could run the upgrade. Thank you so much for your help.