ASG-RD 2015 - Patch9 (Build 8.0.5013.0)
Patch9 of ASG-RD 2015 is available - the version with license problems (8.0.5011.0) was relaunched - if your Patch9 is running well you do not need to update!

If you have already installed any ASG-RD 2015 version you need to close your application and then install the Patch9 version. You don't need to uninstall your old version.

For Upgrade-Users (from version 2012):
If you want to migrate your data from 2012 version you can do inside a new environment in 2015 - so you could not connect to an old environment (as in the past) - you need to create a new environment and select "Environment=>Upgrade from 2012".

ASG-RD 2015 Patch9

For any feedback you can use this sub forum or the main forum of ASG-RD.

The following ReleaseNotes describes the fixed issues and new features.

Fixes
- Putty-Sessions receiving input focus after switching from another app back to ASG-RD
- Component Check - fixed information about RDP 10, VMware 6.0 and Win 10
- License check fixed - New program versions can't be used anymore if subscription is not valid
- Folders that have only the permission 'Private objects' are working correctly and displaying created child's after restart of the application
- When creating new connections the inherited security of this item will be recognized
- RDP connections that were configured as SSO can use "Connect as..." again (will overwrite SSO configuration)

New features/enhancements
- Root-Items (order) can be sorted by user
- SeachBuffer (Profile data) used also for 'live search' in Navigation
- New column for csv-Export/Import - ConnectionImageId
- In file mode after successful load of the environment the data will be saved in a backup fle - if the file could not be read at startup the backup file can be used instead of the damaged file
- Add 'IP address' for possible connection tooltip

Attached Files
.html   ReleaseNotes_DE.html (Size: 1.34 KB / Downloads: 25)
.html   ReleaseNotes_EN.html (Size: 1.22 KB / Downloads: 31)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,
The putty focus works great. One thing to note for other users is it locks down the app (unable to minimize etc.). In order to release the control I have found right clicking another tab then returns the functionality back.

This might be annoying to other users who don't care for this functionality and may prefer it the other way.

edit: I have found if you click inside the tree view it also loses focus once alt+tabbed (even though on the inital click it's still on the putty session). Clicking on the session tab seems to resolve this.

edit2: The ideal scenario is you have server1 + 2 + 3 etc. open.
You click on Server1 session and type. Alt+tab out and then alt + tab back and continue to type (this works).
Next you want to go to server2 so you click the server 2 tab or cyle using ctrl+tab which then focuses on the server2 putty session which can then be as per step 1 (This does not work and as above it's very particular. In some cases I have to alt+tab in and out two times in order to return the focus to the intended window).

Currently ctrl+tab isn't working and sporadically jumps between the current window and another
To replicate:
open up connections against 1 + 2 + 3
This locks the tab down to server 3 and you're not able to click on the other tabs without changing the focus (e.g. to the tree) ctrl+tab isn't working.
Alt+tab out and back. Click another server (server 2) and hit ctrl+tab > switches once fine but then doesn't alternate.
Alt+tab out. Switch between 1 + 3. ctrl+tab > switches to server 2?????
I will check if we can optimize
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi,

It saddens me to say but I don't notice any performance improvement.
* if you are using the file version, it is good.
* with the database version, and the database somewhere in a data centre it takes 54 seconds st start. (test connection gives immediate results)
* over a VPN It doesn't even start the program. it gets back to the environment selection screen.
How do we fix the issue described in this thread? http://forum.visionapp.com/showthread.php?tid=9504

I started getting the Timebomb Error after upgrading to Patch 9. Although I have a current license file I have a feeling what was being used on my installation was an old one. Now that it's throwing the Timebomb Error, I have no way of upgrading the license file. I get the Timebomb error at startup and when I click ok on the dialog it goes away and the application never opens. How can this be fixed? Thanks!
I have bought a new license and downloaded Patch9. I upgraded, but when I now launch I get a "License error - timebomb" but no dialog to input the new licensefile. I'm stuck, how can I resolve this?
Install Patch8 again to import the license and then install patch9 again - we are checking what is going wrong...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I tried installing Patch8, but after doing so and starting up I still get the timebomb error and it returns me to the desktop before I can add my license.
!For all with Timebomb-Error!

Please delete the file "Profile.xml" in %AppData%\Roaming\ASG-RemoteDesktop\8.0 - start ASG-RD again and Import your license file

We apologize for the inconvenience!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Deleting the Profile.xml file does not fix the error.
(22-09-2015, 04:58 PM)geodash74 Wrote: Deleting the Profile.xml file does not fix the error.

I have the same problem. Tried a fresh install. Works ok with a "file" environment. But gets the timebomb error immediately if connecting to my database environment (where I of course have all my connections...).
Hello,
I am having exact the same errors reported above, if I try to connect to my Enviroment DB!!!

I tried to create a new local Profile, and this worked fine and I am not getting a Time Bomb error, but I need my connection DB !!!!

How can I fix this issue??

Regards
Andre
New Version under the same link is available - if you have a valid license you will now be able to import your license!

For all who want to downgrade to Patch8 - you have to send your license and your Profile.xml to asg.rd@asg.com - we will recreate your profile asap
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(23-09-2015, 10:50 AM)DevOma Wrote: New Version under the same link is available - if you have a valid license you will now be able to import your license!

For all who want to downgrade to Patch8 - you have to send your license and your Profile.xml to asg.rd@asg.com - we will recreate your profile asap

Tried the new version. Still same problem for me.
Connecting to a file environment works fine. But as soon as I try to contact my database environment, I still get the Timebomb error!.
I'm using a valid Company Global license.
Sorry, perhaps we published the fix to fast - will test database Environments...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
the link is still version Patch9 (Build 8.0.5011.0)
Tried myself - after the timebomb error you should be able to Import valid license again - please ensure that you really are using Version 8.0.5013.0
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(23-09-2015, 12:09 PM)DevOma Wrote: Tried myself - after the timebomb error you should be able to Import valid license again - please ensure that you really are using Version 8.0.5013.0

My version was 8.0.5011 even though I just downloaded and reinstalled from http://cdn.visionapp.com/ASGRD2015Patch9_Setup.zip

Maybe you could point us in the right direction to where version 8.0.5013 can be downloaded?
I downloaded again - and I got Version 8.0.5013.0
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(23-09-2015, 01:26 PM)DevOma Wrote: I downloaded again - and I got Version 8.0.5013.0

sorry still 8.0.5011.0