Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick connect history
Dear Support,
Id like to ask you how can I turn off Quick connect history.

The thing is, when I type in Computer field something that is remembered in the list and press Enter to connect, it will also use the remembered credentials that I have used for the session. Aka If I have used Administrator credentials day ago and I type in the server name, it just back to Administrator. Id like to always use my current selected credentials, not the remembered ones.
thx

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There is currently no option to disable - we can add it for the next release - but you remove the history via Tools=>Reset Quick Connect History
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(20-12-2017, 01:52 PM)DevOma Wrote: There is currently no option to disable - we can add it for the next release - but you remove the history via Tools=>Reset Quick Connect History

Yes I know about this option. It would be great to have this added.
Hi again,

we wanted to revise the Quick History and implement a new option but I would like to know how exactly you meant it because if I type in a Computers ID that was used before the credential wont be changed. Only if I click in the history list the once saved credetials will be used.
Do you want to retain the history list but NOT change the credentials after choosing an item from the list Or do you want no history list at all ?
Thanks for your feedback :-)
Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
Hello Michael,
it happened to me few times that when I have opened ASG the next day and I have entered a hostname to quick connect that was in the history, my currently selected credentials were after pressing Enter replaced by the ones that I have used the day before.

But as you say, if there is a server remembered in history, and you click or type its name, it will use the credentials remembered. But Id like to use the Credentials I have currently selected in the menu. Not the remembered ones.

Regards Leos
Thanks for your quick reply Leos !
You mean the credentials you have selected in the Quick Connect Menu ? So keeping the history is still wanted but prevent the saved credential from beeing used if you select an old entry ? Or should the history be turned off completeley by option ?
Best regards,
Michael
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
Hi Michael,
yes I mean the Creds in Quick Connect. I dont really care about the history in Quick connect at all. All I want is that it will always use the Creds I have currently showed, not any others Smile
thanks for your interest.