Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problems with Patch 10
Hello Support,

since the update of the product we noticed that the search is now much slowly now.
You enter the characters in the search field and it needs a few seconds until they and the results are displayed.
But if you press F4 during the wait because you want to open the first result the application crashes most of the times.

Another problem is that when you have a few windows open and you are inside an ssh session it sometime is not possible to select another window with either the mouse or the keyboard. If that happens the only solution I found so far is to click in the treeview and then it is possible to select other windows.

Markus
There is a new setting for the search

Settings=>Application=>Search buffer expire timeout

This Setting in milliseconds is used to wait for the user if you want to type more than 1 character to use the whole string for search - if you have 10 or 20k Connections it's getting slow with real time search

If you want to have "real time" search, set this setting to 1ms

The SSH-session Problem should be fixed with Patch10 - was an Bug in Patch9?!?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello Oliver,

thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately there is no setting
Quote:Settings=>Application=>Search buffer expire timeout

The exact version I have installed is 8.0.5034.1

You might be right regarding the ssh session problem I will check whether it still happens.

Regards
Markus
Oliver meant the following:

Tools > Settings > User profile > General > (personal values) > Search buffer expire timeout

By the way: If I set up a value (under personal values), close the window and reopen the settings window, the personal values tab displays "not defined", although the values, I previously typed in were applied correctly (e.g. changing the color style).
(01-11-2015, 09:18 PM)Tobi Wrote: Oliver meant the following:

Tools > Settings > User profile > General > (personal values) > Search buffer expire timeout

Thank you
Hi,

Exists a way to set globally for all user the Search buffer expire timeout?

Thanks!

Fabio.
No
Regards/Gruss
Oliver