Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unattend Setup with Country License
Unattend Setup with Country License, How is this done?

Is there a KB article about unattend Installation? I know there is a /S Switch.

Thank you
Werner
No - but if you have questions don't hesitate to ask me :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(20-01-2014, 12:19 PM)DevOma Wrote: No - but if you have questions don't hesitate to ask me :-)

What I did in my first posting.

I want to do an unattend Installation with Country License included. For this I need a Step by Step description.

Cheers, Werner
Ok, I give you some hints - program installation /S you have seen this before

Then you can preconfigure the files vRD.config and profile.xml - if you need that - and deploy it to your users - or if you have a TS/Citrix Environment it make sense to configure the environments in vRD.config and put it in the AllUsers-AppData-Path

And the license can be stored in the registry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\visionapp\vRD2012 => CoreLicense (Key / String or MultiString)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(21-01-2014, 07:28 PM)DevOma Wrote: Ok, I give you some hints - program installation /S you have seen this before

Then you can preconfigure the files vRD.config and profile.xml - if you need that - and deploy it to your users - or if you have a TS/Citrix Environment it make sense to configure the environments in vRD.config and put it in the AllUsers-AppData-Path

And the license can be stored in the registry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\visionapp\vRD2012 => CoreLicense (Key / String or MultiString)

Why is it so diffcult to give us a working example or "How to" to deploy VisonApp Remote Desktop unattended including Country License (XML File) to our Clients. The registry key you mention does not exist on my manual installed Windows 8.1 Machine. Every other vendor of software application has examples on How to deploy their sooftware unattend and licensed to the Clients. VisionApp is the first app which makes Problems to deploy unattended.

I want only THIS one command line for installing the app unattend, please can you support us with that?

Thank you

Cheers, Werner
But there is not only ONE command to deploy it - there are too many configurations you maybe want to preconfigure

The reg key won't be created by the application - it is only for preconfiguring the license instead of using from the data source the user uses. So if you deploy the app you have to deploy this regkey...

I have created a task for myself to add some documentation about "Silent install / Deploy" - will be added as soon as possible...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(30-01-2014, 10:57 AM)DevOma Wrote: But there is not only ONE command to deploy it - there are too many configurations you maybe want to preconfigure

The reg key won't be created by the application - it is only for preconfiguring the license instead of using from the data source the user uses. So if you deploy the app you have to deploy this regkey...

I have created a task for myself to add some documentation about "Silent install / Deploy" - will be added as soon as possible...

This would be realy a great help, Thank you in advance
Werner
(31-01-2014, 03:49 PM)AXPWCL Wrote:
(30-01-2014, 10:57 AM)DevOma Wrote: But there is not only ONE command to deploy it - there are too many configurations you maybe want to preconfigure

This would be realy a great help, Thank you in advance
Werner

Hi DevOMA

any news on this topic?

Cheers, Werner
It will be included in the next version...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(07-02-2014, 03:31 PM)DevOma Wrote: It will be included in the next version...

When is the new version due for release?
Planned for end of Q1/2014
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Has any progress been made on the MSI installer?
There will be no MSI installer for the product...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Ok, what is the preferred method to deploy to an organisation where we only want it installed on machines which are a member of a specific group
I do not know which software deployment method you use - but you can install ASG-RD silently with option /S - if you want to preconfigure license information you need to deploy it in the Registry (is documented in FAQ in online help file) - if you need to preconfigure environments just use one installation on a client - configure it and then deploy "environments.xml" and "profile.xml" from %AppData%\ASG-RemoteDesktop\%Version%
Regards/Gruss
Oliver