Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG License Issue
I have been using ASG Desktop since June of this year. A couple weeks ago when I started ASG it acted like I had trial copy of the software. A dialog was presented where I could Continue testing , Buy full version , import license file aor Register Freeware. I already have a corporate license that I believe expires Feb 2016.

Now I cant get into the application

I have version 8.0.4916.1 installed..
Did you try to import the license again? Can you check the maintenance period of he license? You can read it in your xml file...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Here is part of the license file..

-<ContractDetails><vMaintenanceStart>01.03.2015</vMaintenanceStart><vMaintenanceEnd>29.02.2016</vMaintenanceEnd>

I tried reloading the license file . I get a Windows popup saying ASG Desktop has stopped working, then ASG crashes/ terminates
Can you send me your license file and your settings file (%UserProfile%\AppData\ASG-RemoteDesktop\8.0) to asg.rd@asg.com - add a link to this this thread and I will check / repair you file and send it back
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I just sent a email with the requested files..
I installed the latest version and the application crashes when installing the license file. I also sent you a note..
Could you please try to delete your profile.xml (%UserProfile%\AppData\ASG-RemoteDesktop\8.0) - then you should be prompted to create or select an environment - try to create a new one, new name but your old settings.xml file - type your password and run it - this was working for me - there should be no splash screen - because the license is ok in your environment....
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I tried deleting the profile.xml file. The application hangs after specifying a new name for the file repository, I get the same windows popup indicating that ASG has stopped working..

If I delete/rename the settings.xml file, then I get into the application fine. I didn't import the license file, wasn't sure how..
?=>About => Import License
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I atttempted to import the license file and got an error.. See attached screenshot.. I opened the license in a xml tool and the format looks fine

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok - I see that you use a country license - does anybody else have problems with that file? Do you have a new PC installed or something else? Can you send me your license file - I will check the license file again and try to give you a new one...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I just sent you the license file..
And I send you a new file back :-) Please try and give me feedback if it working or not
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Oliver,

Thanks for all your help with this issue... The license file loads successfully. My Issue is resolved !!
i have same problem with licence file (ASGRD2016_patch4. new instalation)

after click to Import new license file > select lic. file > Error on verify the license data.

Can you help me please?
Then please send your license file to asg.rd@asg.com and add a link to this thread
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
got your license and sent out replacement- waiting for your feedback :-)

regards,
Michael

(03-01-2017, 08:43 PM)kral Wrote: i have same problem with licence file (ASGRD2016_patch4. new instalation)

after click to Import new license file > select lic. file > Error on verify the license data.

Can you help me please?
best regards,
Michael -- michael.scholz@asg.com --
Same problem here..

Tried to update to ASG 2016 with the new company country license but I get the license window with every start of the application.

I will send you the license file and the link to this post.

Thanks

PS: Wahrscheinlich hätte ich den Forumpost und das Mail auch auf Deutsch machen können :-p