Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD-sync Add description next to name
When adding servers with AD-sync, I would like to merge the AD description field with the server name.
I our enviroment we use generic names for the servers, eg srvapp001,srvapp002,srvdb001,srvfile001 etc.
Then we use the description-property to describe what the server are for, eg file_Marketing, backupp, Web_frontend etc.

I would like to have the option to merge the description property with the servername when syncing with AD, srvapp001 (Web_frontend), srvfile001 (file_Marketing).

I know that the description is showed when I open the properties of a connection but it would be much clearer and faster for me to see it next to the name

/Anders
You also can use the tooltip to see the description field (check your settings)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
yes, the tooltip shows the description, but with over hundreds of servers I don't want to drag the mouse over everyone to find the right one.

Although I found that the search-tab shows the description so my request might be a "want to" rather than "needs".

But I found that the quick-search field above the tree-view don't look at the description, please fix that.