Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Connect "Full connection properties" not saved
In vRD2011 when using Quick Connect and the "Advanced Settings" (now "Full connection properties") it would remember the last setting used. Fx if our users selected to redirect "Disk drives" or "Connect to Console", then that would be remembered for all the subsequent connections made via "Quick Connect".

This is no longer the case, it seems every time you use "Full connection properties" it is reset to default, so "ad hoc" properties has to be set every time.

I tried to instruct the users to use Default Connection Properties, but they don't have access to that (which permission controlss this option?). And if I (as admin) change "default connection properties" the users report that they don't see the changes.

Is it intentional that the "full connection settings" are no longer remembered in Quick Connect?
Didn't noticed that - will be fixed also :-)

"Edit Default connection properties" can be assigned directly to the Security Group (DoubleClick / Edit)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Great thanks Smile And about "Default connection properties" is this global (default for alle users) or user-specific (default for every single user)?
For every single user - but we will extend to give also a possible pre-configuration for all users
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(11-04-2016, 03:10 PM)DevOma Wrote: For every single user - but we will extend to give also a possible pre-configuration for all users

So we are running ASGRD 2016 / 9.0.5312.1 and we are having weird issues with the Default Connection Properties setting.
We have granted users the "Edit 'Default connection properties'" setting in the Misc. section of the Global Security Assignments - and every user has been told to enable "Disk drives" in "Resources" in "Default Connection Properties".

If users close ASGRD and reopen it, the setting is saved - but somehow over night the setting disappears (I know, WEIRD!).

1) Are the "Default connection properties" settings saved in the database or somewhere in the userprofile?

2) Is it possible for an admin to enforce global setting for all users for "Default connection properties", so every user doesnt have to change it?

BR,
Nicolaj