Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to RDP from Win10 from ASG-RemoteDesktop 2016 build 9.0.5223.0
While attempting to connect via RDP session I receive the following error:
"The remote computer 'TEST' returned an RDP protocol error (Return code: 516).

I'm able to use native MS RDP Connection manager from this Win10 system and RDP connection works correctly.
Firewall is turned off both on client and server side.

Info from Error logs:
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.

Unhandled Exception
An unhandled error occured in the application. You should restart the application to prevent further problems.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

---------------------------

at CloudAdminCommon.Roles.BaseConnection.GetProperties()
at CloudAdminCommon.Roles.BaseConnection.ValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnLostFocus(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKillFocus(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItemControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Win10 Info:
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=4
OS=Windows_NT
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 78 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=4e03
I also get issues on Redstone with the latest 2016 update.

Authentication errors when trying to RDP to any client.

Yesterday's version worked perfectly! (I've now re-installed that one)
We found the reason - but no solution yet - the MSTSC ActiveX on Insider Preview Build works not in 32bit mode - but ASGRD is compiled as 32bit app (because some components are not available in 64bit)

Still looking for a solution...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Lets hope you can find a solution soon.
Now working old skool using mstsc /v: for my connections.
We already contacted Microsoft support for getting some info about that issue...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(21-04-2016, 10:49 AM)DevOma Wrote: We found the reason - but no solution yet - the MSTSC ActiveX on Insider Preview Build works not in 32bit mode - but ASGRD is compiled as 32bit app (because some components are not available in 64bit)

Still looking for a solution...
Build 9.0.5222.0 works perfectly for me on Redstone though... presumably that's 32bit as well?
It's only not working if you connect to Win10 or W2K8/12 - if the destination needs NLA there should be a problem - or do you use Win10 32bit system? Then it might be working...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
ASG-RemoteDesktop team,
Any further updates on this issue and have you heard back from MS on how to fix this problem while running on Win10 x64 Systems?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What OS version do you use? Win10 "release build" or "beta build"? MS fixed the problem with a newer beta build - Release build from Win10 should have no issues if you run ASG-RD 9.0.5223.0

So please give me more details of used OS and ASGRD build...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
    See attachment in my previous thread for my system details.
I'm also using the latest version of ASG-RemoteDesktop ASG-RD 9.0.5223.0

The issue occurs when attempting to make any RDP connections to any system.
Sorry, missed your attachment - can you post the message box that you get when you connect to W2K12?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
See previous thread on the RDP error I receive. This occurs for all RDP connections. Firewall is off and not using NLA on any system.
But this error means that the computer can't be found the destination system?!? This is not the NLA error this thread is related to - so it was not clear what your problem is.

Do you have ASG-RD 2015 also installed on this machine? Is it running well with these RDP connections? And mstsc.exe is also working for these destinations?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I only have ASG-RD 2016 installed.

I'm able to use RDP\MSTSC without any issues on my client, however this fails every time via ASG-RD.
I've been using ASG-RD for years and it's simple to addr a new connection and put in the IP add and connect via RDP. This is not working..

See attached screen shot of ASG-RD vs RDP\MSTSC.

Also did a WinDBG against the process up until the RDP error message appears if this help, see attached .txt file.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   ASG-RD-WinDBG-Process.txt (Size: 17.36 KB / Downloads: 2)
In the message box the destination is "RDP-Win7-..." not the IP you mentioned - do you really have in "Connection" properties the IP or name of the computer?

Did you try to connect to the IP via QuickConnect?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver