Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG 2016 Build 9.0.5223.0 Error Creating Screenshot
every so often ASG will stop responding and I can eventually find the following error;

Error Creating Screenshot
The handle is invalid

It seems to happen when I have logged back in after the computer has locked. I'm running Windows 10 build 1511 (10586.218), this wasn't an issue with the previous version of ASG 2016.

Does anyone know why this is happening? or how I can disable the "screenshot" element?

I cannot find anything in the settings in relation to the screenshot settings.

Thanks
I will check - you are the second who has that problem - do you have a stacktrace in errorlog?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Do you have "automatic refresh of thumbnails" active? Can you turn off and test if the crashes still occur?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver

Stack trace:

---------------------------

at System.Drawing.Graphics.CopyFromScreen(Int32 sourceX, Int32 sourceY, Int32 destinationX, Int32 destinationY, Size blockRegionSize, CopyPixelOperation copyPixelOperation)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.CopyFromScreen(Point upperLeftSource, Point upperLeftDestination, Size blockRegionSize, CopyPixelOperation copyPixelOperation)
at CloudAdminCommon.Helper.ScreenCapture.CaptureWindow(Control control)

The polling interval to refresh thumbnails is set to never
Hi Everyone,

I am having the same problem as Post #1 with 2 Windows 10 instances.

Hope this gets solved I have to End Task the ASG Instances on both at least once a day.
(13-05-2016, 12:47 PM)rzelle Wrote: Hi Everyone,

I am having the same problem as Post #1 with 2 Windows 10 instances.

Hope this gets solved I have to End Task the ASG Instances on both at least once a day.

Hi
I am having the same issue here too, but on the ASG Remote Desktop 2018 Patch 3

Experiencing this on sevral prod machines with this ASG Remote Desktop 2018 Patch 3
If there is a solutoin to this, I would apreciate of someone can mention what it is.

Edit:
It does not fully stop responding, but I see that the connection to the database is lost at times...while clicking reconnect will actually bring the connection back up.

The polling variable mentioned earlier by the others is set to Never.
Do you have a stacktrace / errorlog you can post? I think that the initial posted error is fixed for a long tme...

And you posted that you have a problem with the database connection - that has nothing to do with the original post - we had some customers who have problems with their connection when the SQL instance is supporting IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(08-06-2018, 09:41 AM)DevOma Wrote: Do you have a stacktrace / errorlog you can post? I think that the initial posted error is fixed for a long tme...

And you posted that you have a problem with the database connection - that has nothing to do with the original post - we had some customers who have problems with their connection when the SQL instance is supporting IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time

Ok, nevermind the database issue. I will check the IPv4 vs IPv6 and follow more up on that internally.

In terms of invalid handle, I got the following (magnitude of about 10-20 in a week):

The handle is invalid
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.CopyFromScreen(Int32 sourceX, Int32 sourceY, Int32 destinationX, Int32 destinationY, Size blockRegionSize, CopyPixelOperation copyPixelOperation)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.CopyFromScreen(Point upperLeftSource, Point upperLeftDestination, Size blockRegionSize, CopyPixelOperation copyPixelOperation)

It is a bit unevenly distributed which user gets this issue, and I have not been able to see a common link in user behaviour.

regards
Crybs
Which client OS do you use? Win10? And do you use x86 or x64 version of ASG-RD?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
We've noted the same filling up our logs. Not all computers gets it but the ones that do posts atleast 20-30 times a minute to the error log table.

Which version do you use (build number and x86/x64)? Which client OS?

Can you check Settings=>Connections=>Polling interval for refresh thumbnails? Is it set? I think with Never you shouldn't get as much errors as you have currently...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(20-02-2019, 09:32 PM)DevOma Wrote: Which version do you use (build number and x86/x64)? Which client OS?

Can you check Settings=>Connections=>Polling interval for refresh thumbnails? Is it set? I think with Never you shouldn't get as much errors as you have currently...

Just finishing clearing up all the errors collected in the logs table. 5,3 million rows...

The thumbnails have been disabled, not sure when they got turned on again but the error logs seems to have started this massive increase in around May 2018.

Running 2018 P4 (11.0.5924.0) until today. Now upgraded to 2019.