Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security
hello
do you have any documentation about the encryption/security in ASG;
as you probably know this is a high topic in an enterprise ; I'd like to have a clear understanding on how ASG is secured

Thanks
It is described in the help file - but I can explain it to you...

Generally passwords (or the whole in local environments) are encrypted with AES256-algorythm - the keys depends on how you log on - if you log on with username/password the username/password combination is used as key for encryption/decryption - if you use Windows Account log on method part of the AD-account is used as key for the encryption. Hope that helps...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(14-09-2016, 08:33 AM)DevOma Wrote: It is described in the help file - but I can explain it to you...

Generally passwords (or the whole in local environments) are encrypted with AES256-algorythm - the keys depends on how you log on - if you log on with username/password the username/password combination is used as key for encryption/decryption - if you use Windows Account log on method part of the AD-account is used as key for the encryption. Hope that helps...

Thank you for your explanation
do you have a complete description in a PDF file instead of the HELP
I appreciate your help
thanks
No not really - I'm sorry
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
David@IT

DevOma
It is described in the help file - but I can explain it to you...

Generally passwords (or the whole in local environments) are encrypted with AES256-algorythm - the keys depends on how you log on - if you log on with username/password the username/password combination is used as key for encryption/decryption - if you use Windows Account log on method part of the AD-account is used as key for the encryption. Hope that https://www.the5x5project.com/testogen-review-results the testogen review helps...

I appreciate your help
thanks

So it's very safe to use? Are the AES256-algorythm keys hard to crack?
The key is part of the login - so if you use username/pwd you have to hack the combination of username/pwd to login - Windows login is using part of the Windows ActiveDirectory-Account as key - so it's not easy to hack
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Quote:Generally passwords (or the whole in local environments) are encrypted with AES256-algorythm - the keys depends on how phenq works you log on - if you log on with username/password the username/password combination is used as key for encryption/decryption - if you use Windows Account log on method part of the AD-account is used as key for the encryption. Hope that helps...

Thanks for the explanation about the key for encryption/decryption. I can now safely assume that my password is almost unbreakable as no one knows my username/password.
Quote:Thanks for the explanation about the key for encryption/decryption. I can now safely assume les mises à jour de phenq that my password is almost unbreakable as no one knows my username/password.

Yes, your password is safe and no one can crack it if you're wise enough not to reveal your password in public.
Wink 
(14-09-2016, 08:33 AM)DevOma Wrote: It is described in the help file - but I can explain it to you...

Hi Thanks for the explanation about the key for encryption/decryption.
I can now safely assume that my password is almost unbreakable as no one knows
(13-01-2019, 02:08 PM)Danaity Wrote:

Generally passwords (or the whole in local environments) are encrypted with AES256-algorythm - the keys depends on how you log on - if you will use the d bal max first log on with username/password the username/password combination is used as key for encryption/decryption - if you use Windows Account log on method part of the AD-account is used as key for the encryption. Hope that helps...

Hi Thanks for the explanation about the key for encryption/decryption.
I can now safely assume that my password is almost unbreakable as no one knows

A simple password (a combination of alphabets and numbers, length of more than 8) is also unbreakable if no one knows it.
(16-09-2016, 09:51 AM)Davids@IT Wrote:
(14-09-2016, 08:33 AM)DevOmas Wrote: It is described in the help file - but I can explain it to you...

Generally passwords (or the whole in local environments) are encrypted with AES256-algorythm - the keys depends on phenq https://enfinmince.fr/phenq-avis/ how you log on - if you log on with username/password the username/password combination is used as key for encryption/decryption - if you use Windows Account log on method part of the AD-account is used as key for the encryption. Hope that helps...

I appreciate your help
thanks

SSH key and send the encrypted file ?
I don't know what exactly do you want to know?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver