Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect to Windows Server 2016 RDS loadbalanced farm
(11-02-2022, 04:41 PM)DevOma Wrote: Sorry, we didn't find the difference and stopped working on that issue...

But it is really working without problems on our 2016er RDS Farm... sorry I saw you are answer after my post!
Hi,

Any news on this issue ?

Like others I was able to make "load balance info" work on 2012R2 RDS farms. But on 2016 RDS farms it is not working for me. The error log was :

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-SessionBroker/Admin
Source: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-SessionBroker
Date: 10/26/2022 3:06:18 PM
Event ID: 802
Task Category: RD Connection Broker processes connection request
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: NETWORK SERVICE
Computer: BROKER.domain.com
Description:
RD Connection Broker failed to process the connection request for user DOMAIN\Username.
Farm name specified in user's RDP file (hints) could not be found.
Error: The farm specified for the connection is not present.

Outside of ASG-RD connexion work fine with the same load balance info. It's really annoying in our client context with a lot of 2016/2019 complex RDS farms (many RDSH, RD Broker, RD Gateway...).

@eisback let us know how you make it work ?

Our environnement :
ASG-RD 2022 with patch 6 installed on a Windows Server 2019 VM.

Thanks
Hi,

After a lot of tests, I finally understand which cause this problem. I realised that all ours Windows 2016/2019 RDS collection contain a "-" in its name.

After removing this "-" on a test environnement connection with loadbalanceinfo work fine !

I did other tests and there is the first results :
- RDS collection name with "-" or "_" like "RDS-TEST" or "RDS_TEST" --> connection not OK
- RDS collection name with "-" or "_" but with number at the end like "RDS-TEST1" or "RDS_TEST1" --> connection OK strangely
- RDS collection name simple like "RDSTEST" --> connection OK

Issue is the same on Windows 2012R2/2016/2019 RDS farms.

There is a big impact of renaming all of ours RDS collections because of client terminals side impact.

@DevTeam : it's seems like a parsing problem of the loadbalanceinfo field. Could you take a look to patch this please ?

Thanks
The problem is that this feature is not really documented in any MS documentation - we found only that the length of the LoadBalancer-Field makes a difference - need to add a blank if it's odd length - don't know why - it's great to see your info about different characters work or even not work - give me some time and I will try to implement some different ways how this handled for testing - I have currently no RDS farm for testing - perhaps we can setup one for better testing - thanks for sharing your testing results! This might help to find a solution
Regards/Gruss
Oliver