Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
migrate from visionapp 2010 r2 to asg 2020
Hi, I have my old win7 which has all my connexions and credentials in visionapp 2010 r2. I now have a new win10. Cannot install vsionapp 2010r2, error 1723, probably incompatible. So I installed the trial latest version of remotedesktop 2020. From old, I exported my connexions to .csv. From new, imported, successfull, but nothing appears in my connexions.

Since I have like 10 years of work, I need to be able to migrate my connections and creds from visionapp 2010r2 to asg-remotedesktop 2020 before bying it.

Thanks
To migrate your data from 2010 to 2020 you need first to upgrade your data to version 2012 (https://forum.asg-rd.com/showthread.php?tid=7094) - just open your old data source with version 2012

Afterwards you can use the "Migration of 2012 wizard" to transfer your old data into a new data file or database - will read your old data and transform to the new data structure...

The csv format has changed and you are only allowed to import 15 connections using the eval version - for for testing you should export 1 or 2 connections with the new version and you will see the new format - it is flexible and you can choose which columns you want to export/import - afterwards you can modify your "old export file" to work with latest version
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Ok so just to be sure I understand. Export from 2010. Install 2012. Import (did this part already, worked great). From there, same procedure, right click on connexions, choose to export everything. Install 2020, there is a migration wizard somewhere that will import everything from 2012.

Now if I buy a licence, will it give me a serial for the 2012 version? The problem is that it is in trial and you are limited to how many you can export, so I need to active it before I can export.

Thanks
You don't need to export any data - if you open your existing environment (file / database) it will automatically check and migrate your data to the newest version - only with version 2015 we had a complete different data structure and so you need to migrate old data to newer versions than 2015 by a wizard.

So again - install 2012 - if not automatically detected just create a new environment and specify the old file (or copy to a new place) - data will be migrated to version 2012!

Then install latest version - create a new blank environment - then choose "Environment=>Migrate from 2012" - follow the steps - your data will be read from old file/format and transferred to the new format/environment.

License include all older versions - so with your new new license you can run the 2012 version!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(20-07-2020, 07:19 AM)DevOma Wrote: You don't need to export any data - if you open your existing environment (file / database) it will automatically check and migrate your data to the newest version - only with version 2015 we had a complete different data structure and so you need to migrate old data to newer versions than 2015 by a wizard.

So again - install 2012 - if not automatically detected just create a new environment and specify the old file (or copy to a new place) - data will be migrated to version 2012!

Then install latest version - create a new blank environment - then choose "Environment=>Migrate from 2012" - follow the steps - your data will be read from old file/format and transferred to the new format/environment.

License include all older versions - so with your new new license you can run the 2012 version!
Ok, worked like a charm. Had a couple of errors when upgrading to 2020 saying that the encryption was not the same so I lost all my credentials in 2020. Figured it out. From 2012 (because both version co-exist on my new pc, good thing), changed the encryption to std and in 2020, which was empty, changed it to standard also. Then used the wizard to upgrade from 2012 as noted and worked like a charm. I am finally on Win10 with asg 2020. What a relief.

Thank you so much for the detailed info.

Regards